SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN DINNER AT EIGHT!

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
DINNER AT EIGHT!

FUCK- YOU SHOULD'VE AT LEAST TOLD ME I'M GOING TO DIE TODAY, I WOULD'VE WORN SOMETHING BETTER

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

"We've been driving around in damn circles, Mark! I've seen that building three times already!" Sera complained, pointing a finger at the lanky building a couple of meters from them. Mark snorted and kept one of his hands on the wheel while the other reached out to pinch her cheeks making her rants indistinct.

She circles her hand around his wrist and pulls his arm away, rubbing the sore part of where he pinched. "Can we please just get there already?"

"I told you! We are close by."

"Close by?" Sera scoffed. "As I said we've been driving around— Mphff!" The black-haired girl squirms in her seat, shooting a little side glare at Mark who rolled his eyes, keeping his hand over her mouth. She opens her mouth and he shot her a look.

"Don't you dare lick my palm. I swear- Seraphine."

Sera huffed and yanked his wrist to remove his hand over her mouth. "Ew, don't call me that."

Mark draws his forefinger close to his lips, signaling her to shut up. The girl furrowed her eyebrows together, giving him a stink eye before realizing that they were about to ram into a brick wall. Panic instantly rose in her and she flailed her arms towards Mark, trying to alarm him but he sat there unfazed.

"What the fuck are you doing!? Do you want us to die? Are you really going to let us crash into a fucking wall?" She stared at him with wide eyes. Realizing that the boy was completely ignoring her, she buries her face into the palms of her hand, muttering incomplete sentences that sounded like a blur to Mark.

"Fuck- you should've at least told me I'm going to die today, I would've worn something better."

Mark gave her a weird look. "You think you're going to die and that's the first thing you worry about? Really?"

Sera shrugged, "What? They say the clothes you wear the moment you die is what you wear in your ghost form- I at least have to look pretty as a ghost."

"You wish." Mark rolled his eyes and stepped on the gas causing them to jerk back into their seat at the brute force. Sera took a deep breath. "I trust you, Mark. At least right now, please tell me we aren't going to die."

"No one's dying today, infant." He grumbled and Sera clamped her hand over her eyes in an attempt to avoid the face of death though it was helpless when she peaked through the little gaps of her fingers. Her mouth went agape as soon as the car crashed—or more like—passed through the brick wall. It was like some sort of makeshift gate in disguise.