SIX

CHAPTER SIX THE ESCAPEE!

CHAPTER SIX
THE ESCAPEE!

THE FUTURE IS RUINED BY YOUR OWN HANDS

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

"Did you overdose them?!" The doctor yelled out in distress, running his fingers through his brown hair as he sighed exasperatedly.

None of his coworkers in the lab were responding and there, he got the answer to his question. Another sigh left his lips, glancing down at the clipboard fallen into his grasp, clutched in between his tight grip as he recently watched a bunch of armored men forcefully drag their test subject.

"What did I say about the inject?"

"Only once a week." Someone faintly answered.

"And the pills?"

"Thrice a day."

Taeil shot a look towards his assistant who kept her head down low, quite unnerved when her boss suddenly threw a fit at them like that. The infamous Dr. Moon was rather different from the other scientists that worked in the lab – handling all sorts of subjects they have gathered for testing. He rarely raised his voice nor told them off, so seeing him in such pique was new.

A smile slowly crept up Taeil's face, gaze dawned upon his assistant. He was proud, thankful to have someone who pays attention to his orders. "Finally. Someone who pays attention to me." He said, looking over to the other lab workers who looked rather embarrassed.

"You heard that right. Only once a week for the inject and thrice a day for the pills. Please, please, please, drill those words in your mind- if not," he gives them a cold stare, "I'd dare to put whoever who forgets into the same chambers they are in."

"Now," Taeil started, tapping the two clipboards which had the subject's name printed on. "We have NVI010197 or by the given name, Kun." His eyes trailed over to the next clipboard, "And..."

"And?" One of the workers raised a brow, confused.

"Where was this subject taken from?"

"From the Umbra Plantations. He was apart of the Project U7."

"Project U7... then what is he doing here? This is Project NVI116, not fucking U7. He's a highly-intelligent genus! If he's injected with NeoGen then for sure he would exceed the last stages- which we should not do." Taeil said through gritted teeth, the annoyance in him riling up once again. Nose scrunched up in distaste, he let out a breathy scoff. "We're fucked."