TWENTY EIGHT

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHTTHE PAST!

THE PAST!

DID YOU JUST ASSUME I'M DUMB?

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

"When are you gonna stop staring at that photo?" Jaehyun questioned as he walked into the older's room, a bunch of reports in hand. He notices Youngho by the desk, enjoying himself a drink of wine. "And you?"

Youngho waves him away, clearly in a drunken state. "Don't mind me, Jae." He managed to say before leaning back more comfortably.

Jaehyun shakes his head, focusing on Taeyong who also had a glass of wine propped in front of him yet it wasn't as lesser than Youngho's. It was obvious that they were having a little party to themselves and although Jaehyun would've laughed at them, maybe even joining with one glass, he couldn't at the moment.

Things were getting complicated and he had a bad feeling of what's have to come. And so, with both arms akimbo, he began to scold them. Jaehyun placed the reports to the side, snatching away the photograph Taeyong kept staring at.

Though he preferred to suffer alone and to himself, there were times wherein he'd be caught reminiscing over the past. Jaehyun couldn't even count how many times he had already caught the older crying over the past.

He sighed, recognizing the photograph all too well. His eyes scoured over the glossy picture, wincing the moment all the memories came rushing back to him. "I'm gonna ask you again, Taeyong."

"Hmm?"

"When are you gonna stop staring at Sera's photo?"

Silence.

"I don't get why you're torturing yourself when she's right there."

"You don't understand, Jae." Taeyong slurred, trying to take the photo back but Jaehyun held it far from his reach. He shook his head, feeling a bile settle at the back of his throat yet he dared to hold it back. Clenching his teeth and hollowing his cheeks, he hastily pulled out his handkerchief, pressing it over his lips.

Jaehyun was alarmed, looking around for something that could help but was too late when Taeyong released a cough, spurting something into his handkerchief.

Taeyong coughed once more, eyeing his handkerchief only for his eyes to darken at the sight. He clutches the piece of cloth, looking back up at Jaehyun. "I shouldn't have brought her into this in the first place."