THIRTY NINE

CHAPTER THIRTY NINETRUTH!

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
TRUTH!

I WILL SHOW YOU THE REAL WORLD,
ONLY THEN YOU'LL UNDERSTAND; HOWEVER,
CAN YOU FACE THE TRUTH?

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

When was the last time she felt alive?

That day she had nearly burned along with the city, she wanted nothing but to die despite her mind calling out to her to fight back. She was... supposed to be dead. And yet somewhere out there was her body, alive, healing, and ready to be awakened.

Sera had absolutely no idea what she was going to say the moment she faces Kasdeya, or the owner of the voice that kept visiting her—AEXMIN, was it?

But the moment she had reached the top, hoping to finally see the face of the UA, she saw nothing but an empty room. Gulping down the nerves that clawed the back of her throat, it almost felt difficult to breathe through such quiet air. Her wary gaze flew from one point to another, catching the attention of the huge holographic screen that projected the happenings outside the building. She could see almost everything.

"Ruined." Her heart jumps at the voice, freezing in her spot as she felt warm air on her shoulder. "Everything... is ruined."

It was a female voice. One she had definitely heard before. But where? She kept thinking and thinking, and thinking, where had she heard this voice before?

"It's nice to see you again, Sera." The moment she turned around, it all clicked for her. The woman... it was her! The woman that interrogated her when she had been caught disrespecting a protocol. Blonde hair, the voice, it was her.

She's the Creator?

"I see you've recognized me." Kasdeya hummed, crossing her arms over her chest as she walked towards the glass panes, looking over the disaster she had hated so much.

"Are you seeing this, Sera?"

It was a question with an obvious answer. Of course, Sera had seen what was happening. It didn't take long for her to stand beside Kasdeya, taking another peek at what was happening down below. People were rioting, a fire was starting to spread, massive explosions from different cities, dead bodies on the ground—the scenery was familiar to Sera's eyes.

"You've seen this before. Not just once. But twice."

Sera let out a nervous chuckle as she shook her head. "This is the first time I've seen this happen." Denying it felt so wrong for Sera because, at some point, she was starting to believe that Kasdeya was right. Looking down at the chaos was like a flashback. Something about the situation was pulling her back into the past. A past that she didn't even know existed.