FORTY ONE

CHAPTER FORTY ONEGLITCH!

CHAPTER FORTY ONE
GLITCH!

SERA?

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

"Welcome back to another episode
of Neo—"

"Next."

"Again at Neo City where—"

"Ugh, no. Next."

"Let's us thank the Prime Minist—"

"Ew no. NEXT!"

"Neo City is a place wher—"

"NEXT."

"Here at Neo Ci—"

"Not again!" Sera yelled as she throws the remote control towards the holographic screen only for the device to fly through and land on someone's hand.

"Quite a temper for someone who slept in today."

"Renjun!" Sera called out sheepishly. "I'm sorry you had to witness that... It's just that— I thought the cables would be fixed by now but I guess they're still working on it."

"I bet it's just a glitch." Renjun said walking over to the couch she sat on and sat beside her. "Are you ready for later?"

It had been months since the incident happened and you could say that everything is going back to the way it used to—well not exactly, but after a ton of changes with how the system worked, they are finally living the world they had imagined.

No more facilities, no more strict rules, no more plantations, just them living freely in the new world. They could finally wear what they wish to wear and children no longer lived with unknown guardians.

They learned that the UA had been taking advantage of unconscious and dead bodies of people, creating replicas for the new world and using it as a way to control people.

Sera eyed Renjun for a split second, as if her answer can be seen through a quick eye contact before looking towards the window. No longer did the sky seem gloomy nor do the people in act as if they were robots. Everyone was finally acting on their own will, on their own minds, aware of the two realities and the differences between the original and the new one.

"How many years do you think I have left?" Sera questioned the boy, walking towards the windows of the building. Renjun frowned at her question, not wanting to believe that she had been infected by the virus.