EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN THE OTHER SIDE!

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
THE OTHER SIDE!

DO YOU EVER WONDER WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE ON THE OTHER SIDE?

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

Scared.

The scientist was beyond terrified at this point. His eyes were nearly gouging out of his eye sockets, his mouth dry and no sentences could be formed in his brain. It was as if everything went blank.

"I'm from the Rebellion, of course."

That phrase kept echoing in his empty mind. He wanted to dodge the situation so bad, he wanted to run and never look back, but his answers were right in front of him. Everything—every single ounce of curiosity he had in him could be solved by the person right in front of him.

The Hidden. The doctor in front of him is a hidden. Kim Dongyoung — who rather used Doyoung — is a hidden member of the Rebellion. One of the glitches in the society that causes all the errors in the system. He was on that side of their world.

The black-haired doctor that sat in front of him hummed much to his amusement. Seeing the usually frantic and ebullient scientist so silent made him cackle. Not so science-y now, huh? Doyoung glances down at his wristwatch, scowling at the time. He lets out a sigh, drumming his fingers rhythmically on Taeil's desk. "Well? Are you gonna sit here and stare at me like I'm some sore of ghost?"

Taeil snaps out of his trance, coughing violently and shook his head vigorously. "W-What? You're... you are one of them." He muttered and from the looks of his face, Doyoung was sure that he wasn't talking about his fellow irregular's outside the laboratory—Taeil was referring to Doyoung's friends that were currently locked up in isolation rooms and might as well being driven from their own sanities.

"You don't have to join, though that would be a huge disaster if ever you rat us out to the UA officials." Doyoung shrugged his shoulders, his stance suggested that he was more comfortable than he usually was. Doyoung was a confident man and he sure knows how to work his way through people, some tend to overlook that, honestly. Taeil furrowed his eyebrows, having a mental debate with himself. He wasn't sure whether to trust Doyoung or not; he wasn't sure whether Doyoung was indeed one of the officials and this was all just a test to trial his loyalty towards the UA.

Taeil nods slowly, taking deep breaths to calm himself down from his visibly agitated figure. He chooses the latter. Believing that Doyoung was actually an official and was there to test his loyalty—yes, that seemed almost right to him. Regaining his composure, he straightened up, giving the faintest smirk back at Doyoung who looked rather confused.