THIRTY THREE

CHAPTER THIRTY THREETHE VIRUS!

THE VIRUS!

IT'S QUITE A SHAME HE'S NOT HERE
TO HELP YOU TEENS PERFECT YOUR AIMS.

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

Taeyong cupped his mouth, feeling something hurl up his throat as he let out another cough. His lips parted, head hung low, and red painted his palm. Using his free hand, he reaches out to twist the handle as water begins to run down the faucet, he looks up for a moment, eyeing himself.

It had only been a couple of years. He wasn't that old. Yet he seemed to be decaying faster than he should. Pallid skin, dark eyes and dark bags under them, and the blood that slowly dripped from his bottom lip. He gritted his teeth, wiping the blood off using the back of his hand before washing it off.

A sudden knock on the door made him look up, surprised. He wipes his hands on a piece of cloth before heading outside, finding a distressed fellow in his office.

One arm over the other, he kept a straight face despite the emotions he had been feeling deep inside. Silence fell between the two friends and neither one of them dared to break it. Taeyong fiddled the ring that had gone loose around his finger, gnawing on his bottom lip out of habit.

"I'm no longer gonna test Sera."

Taeyong instantly shot him a look, unsure of what he meant. He shook his head, taking a seat on the nearby couch. "What— What do you mean by that, Doyoung?"

The aforementioned person took a deep breath, digging his hands into the pockets of his lab coat. "I don't want to test on Sera. I don't want to risk it... She's— She could end up like you." Doyoung stammered, his fists clenched. "You don't want that, right?"

Silence.

"Right?" Doyoung stressed, his eyebrows now furrowed together. Not gaining even a single response from Taeyong, he spoke again, this time in a more demanding tone. "Her mind is empty, Taeyong. As far as I could remember the reason why is not because of the brainwashing—but because the UA is preventing us from reaching her mind."

"The UA now knows of her. If the next few days end up being a fail like last time, she's going to get sick." Doyoung pointed out with his sharp gaze pinned on his friend. He then shook his head, an unsettling feeling residing inside him. He didn't want to assume things but his friend's silence told him otherwise. "No... Don't tell me..."

He shakes his head, lips pressed together to suppress the urge to burst as he held Taeyong's strong gaze still. "You're not doing that to your sister, Taeyong. No. This isn't playtime."