THIRTY FIVE

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVETHE TRAITOR!

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
THE TRAITOR!

BUT MAYBE IT'S ALL AN ACT
TO GAIN TRUST AND CONTROL

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Taeyong asked Jaehyun for what felt like the umpteenth time already. The older didn't want to move forward with the plan if it wasn't okay with the other, it seemed unfair; for him to go through the same thing he felt before and only one of them managed to bring back time all over again. To Jaehyun, of course, he didn't want to. He wanted to disagree every single time Taeyong asked him so persistently. But he had let go of his past for years now—it mattered to him, sure; he mattered to him, most definitely—and this was why he was going through with it.

With another nod of agreement, Taeyong's lips thinned as he patted Jaehyun's shoulder. "I'll go finalize this with the others."

Jaehyun sauntered out of Taeyong's office, wanting to take a breather from their conversation earlier. He stopped once he was outside, his hand going down his face, resting there by his cheeks as he thought about it.

Just like Doyoung, he wanted to know why; why now? Why, when everything was starting to fall right into its place? Was the young boy sent here to distract them—no doubt, he must've been. Jaehyun didn't know what the UA thought of them but they weren't gullible to fall for such a plan, they weren't dumb, and most certainly they weren't willing to risk lives for their own personal gain because then that would make them comparable to the UA.

As Jaehyun made his way into the training center, he watches from afar as the group of teenagers socialized with each other. The smiles that painted on their face made him reminisce about the time he was their age. He wasn't that old yet but he didn't know when he was going to die and so he thought of them once more. A small smile danced on his lips as sat down, monitoring them as he had been told, seeing one of their newest recruits tug the boy who he had lost.

The original plan was the sedate him; force out all of the information fed to him by the UA and keep him hostage, but they weren't that cruel knowing that the boy was just lost and found in the wrong place. He was exactly there because he was ordered to do so or else he would be dead.

A perfect shot on the red hit mark made everyone look at the lost boy in awe. Some of the lab rats were stunned to find someone that matched their inimitable skills, maybe even surpassed some. "H–How... what?" Donghyuck sputtered, glancing at the target board then back at Chenle who smirked back at him in victory.

"That was just one shot."

"And it was amazing!" Yangyang cheered for him.