THREE

CHAPTER THREE UNKNOWN SOCIETY!

CHAPTER THREE
UNKNOWN SOCIETY!

EXPERIMENT N116!
TEST NUMBER 47,
SUBJECT NVI010197

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

Air.

He kept grasping for air. His chest heaving up and down, unstable breathing and the urge to pass out was formidable. Discolored eyes wandering across the room, recalling seeing people dressed in lab coats and masks holding unknown gadgets before he got locked up.

Those said people watched him from the screen and continued to disperse unspecified chemicals into the room.

Pain surging through his veins, eyes screwed tight and shut as he yelled out in agony. His fists clenched; knuckles turning a sheet of white. His teeth gritted, mind deranged of what was happening.

The padded cell no longer looked neat. With broken pieces of glass scattered, blood was on the white walls and flooring. There were certain marks on the walls, some were cryptic words while others were plain scratches from his outbreak.

"Any reaction?" The CSO, Moon Taeil, questioned, his eyebrows furrowed as he studied their subject's movements.

"That is the eleventh violent reaction ever since the NeoGen inject was used. So far, we've seen repeating patterns of words from all of the subjects."

Taeil hummed profusely, curtly bobbing his head, "And those words are?"

"Danger, vision, neo...and glitch."

"Only four words?" Taeil squinted his eyes, turning over to his assistant who nodded immediately. His assistant handed out the clipboard, showing the results from past tests on the subject.

Taeil tilted his head a bit to the side, eyeing the clipboard before gazing at their test subject in the room. "Is he the oldest here?"

"Yes. Born 2097, doctor."

"Given name by the UA?"

"Kun."

Taeil repeated the name in his mind before gesturing towards the others. "Continue on until we get a positive reaction."

"What kind of reaction are we looking for, Mr. Moon?"

"Anything but a chain reaction." Taeil stated sternly, taking deep breath and the guy beside him nodded.

"EXPERIMENT N116! TEST NUMBER 47, SUBJECT NVI010197. AGAIN, INITIATING TEST NUMBER 47!"

And on that cue, a loud, shrill scream emitted from their test subject. Numerous attempts to free himself from the metal chained harness strapped around his bare chest. Deathly eyes searching around until it caught the camera right above. A devilish smirk crept up his face, his trembling pale hands tracing his jaw slowly.

Everyone in the room stared intently at the screen, unsure of what his next move was. That is until their test subject started laughing, small manic giggles that later developed into cackles.

"Is he- is he okay..."

Taeil gulped down the lump that clogged his throat, ogling the clipboard he settled down in front of him.

PROJECT NVI116
The Four Main Stages of NeoGen

STAGE ONE: RABID BEHAVIOR ☑︎
~ screaming, throwing a fit, scratching

STAGE TWO: ENIGMATIC VELIUS ☑︎
~ weird symbols, cryptic words

! must not reach stage 3 and 4 !

The doctor weaved his hand through his hair out of slight frustration, face contorted in fear before reaching for a pen, writing a note at the bottom.

Subject NVI010197 advised to be locked up
due to exceeding stage two.

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍
CSO = Chief Scientist Officer