TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE MEMORIES!

CHAPTER TWELVE
MEMORIES!

THE PAST IS JUST AS
IMPORTANT AS THE FUTURE

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

"Recruits are on their way." A male voice spoke through the intercom.

"Good." The man seated at the far-middle of the wide circular table, eyeing the vacant seats, said. He sighed, running his slender fingers through his light-dyed hair. "How many have we reached out to?"

"More than fifty." A dark brown haired man, named Jaehyun, responded.

"And how many have we managed to convince?"

Jaehyun winced, looking at the amount, a sigh leaving his mouth. "You know it's okay if—"

"Jaehyun. How many?"

The said male sighed, his shoulders slumping forward in distaste. "Roughly five," he answered hesitantly, then adding, "for now."

"Look, we can head over to the other cities to check but securities have been strengthened and most of us Hidden won't be able to hide any much longer," Jaehyun explained. "For now we have two new additions to the Rebellion that are on their way right now."

"One who is a girl."

"I don't see any problem with that—"

"You know what's the problem."

"We can't just leave her alone, Taeyong. She might turn into one of them, you can't let that happen. You promised, her." Jaehyun retorted, standing up from his seat to glare at the older.

Taeyong clenched his jaw and his fists that were hidden under the conference table. Old memories flashed before his eyes and he couldn't help but bite down his bottom lip to suppress the urge to yell.

After a moment, he said sternly. "I don't want to see that girl."

"You won't. If that's what you want. But you know very well you can't run away from this."

Taeyong hissed, "I'm doing this for the future. Not the past."

"The past is just as important as the future," Jaehyun stated, picking up his stuff before dipping his hands into the pockets of his pants, pulling out an old polaroid photo. Tossing it across the table as Taeyong avoided looking down at it.