EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT CODE V3L1U5!

CHAPTER EIGHT
CODE V3L1U5!

WHAT EVEN IS THE TRUTH
ANYMORE?

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

"You-You're apart... oh my gosh..." Sera gaped at the male in front of her, hand cupping her mouth as she registered everything that was going on. She couldn't believe she would face someone who's apart of the Rebellion, but that's the scary part. No one knew each other, heck, they might not even know themselves. What if their real identities were taken away the moment they were born? Or were they born?

Parents. In old storybooks, Sera would always read about families. They were like a group, consisting of different members though the thing is, they were all blood-related. That made Sera think, was she related to someone? Did she have a parent too? Families. A mother, a father, a child. She always wondered what it was like to have a mother figure, from all the books she had read, they seemed like caring beings who were there to guide you, but they didn't have that. Why didn't they have that?

All she remembered was growing up with Sejeong, they treated each other like they were sisters, but were they? This whole thing made Sera doubt everything and everyone.

"My name is Jungwoo, I work as a teacher here in the Academy."

"If you're apart of the Resistance... then why are you- why are you working for the UA?" Sera questioned, backing away from the male. "This could be a trap. A trick to get me to confess."

Jungwoo was taken aback at first but knew this was normal. Of course, she's doubting him, who wouldn't? She had been questioned by UA officials and here he was confusing her more. "This isn't the trap, I'm telling the truth!"

"What even is the truth anymore?" Sera murmured, recalling how the UA told their people how absolute and true they were but here they were, more suspicious than ever. It disturbs her that everyone kept on depending their lives on the UA despite their little information on who handles the UA. It's like she couldn't trust anyone anymore.

"I understand you're confused, but I need you to trust me here. Sera, I promise, I'm not who you think I am."

The girl bit her bottom lip in contemplation. Was she going to join in on the Resistance? Will it be the key access to knowing what was going on? What the UA was hiding and why viruses were going around?

"Fine." She mumbled, crossing her arms over her chest, waiting for him to explain further.

Jungwoo gave her another smile before pulling out something from his pants pocket. It looked like a very old device, judging from how it was shaped and the obvious fact that it wasn't holographic.