FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE ACADEMY LOCKDOWN!

CHAPTER FIVE
ACADEMY LOCKDOWN!

THEY'RE ABSOLUTELY MENTAL!
HOW DARE THEY DEFY THE UA.

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

Deep breaths. That's what Sera held onto as she walked down the suffocating hallways of the academy. She hated the whole place, heck, the whole society! But even if she had that kind of hate lingering, she had to act like nothing bothered her. After all, her goal was to remain hidden – to become invisible amongst the regulars that she was suspicious of the Assembly.

Head down low, eyes fixated on her shoes, she doesn't quite socialize herself with others. Not that she had trouble with making friends, she found it...scary. Call her weird but she found others capricious, even herself. Spending her leisure time collecting old antics from the past generations and reading books she had found in dumps didn't help at all. Though it made her eyes more open to the divergence, sometimes she wished she never did. Her view on their society today had changed, it had seemed darker than what she believed when she was younger.

The more she read and knew, the more she realized how grim the world had become. Even so, she'd never admit it. She'd rather stick to the rules given than defy them unless she wanted to be locked up in cellars—which she definitely didn't want to happen.

Sighing, she made a sharp turn to the left, only to bump into someone, causing her to stumble backward. Her gaze still on the ground as it trailed onto the person's belongings that fell on the floor. Sera's eyebrows furrowed down, noticing a short glimmer coming from in between the pages of a thick book. Reaching out, she was about to pull out the thin card in between when the book was snatched away from her fast.

"Hey! Mind your own stuff!" Sera shot her head up, only to meet eyes with a boy. He was in the same batch as her and was someone who she rather stay away from. "Follow the rules, will ya?" He spat harshly, pointing a finger up at the board of rules plastered on the wall.

Sera winced at his sharp tone but nodded anyway, not wanting to get in any more trouble. "Tsk, what an irregular."

Now that made her grit her teeth. Being called an irregular was very insulting, at least that's what they were taught to know. Irregulars, Rebellion, Traitors, Fakes, Glitches – those were some of the infamous insults thrown to people that were most likely to defy the UA or disobey the rules. There were more horrible names to be called with, and these were the most used ones, that is, amongst teenagers.

"I am not an Irregular!" Sera uttered out firmly making the boy raise a brow at her.

"Then stop being a flaw in the system." He stated, "If you don't want to get insulted, then follow the damn protocols." He gave Sera one last look before walking away, making sure to bump into her harshly.