TWENTY SEVEN

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVENFADED!

FADED!

HE WANTS ME TO AVOID SOMEONE

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

Everything was going too fast for the young kid to catch up. Her eyes flew from one point to another, as her head swayed heavily, the pounding sensation made it more difficult for her to grasp the situation.

Strong arms prevented her from repelling as they dragged her helplessly into a room. A cold room. The moment the crisp wintry air made contact with her skin, she felt goosebumps trickling down her spine, shivering at the room temperature. The cold air made it more difficult for the young kid to focus as her mind was already all over the place.

What was happening?

Everything was a blur. From the corner of her eyes she could see colored lights flashing repeatedly; red, blue, and yellow, before darkness taken over her vision.

She could see nothing, no matter how hard she tried to look around it felt like something heavy was placed on her head. She could hear faint voices of people arguing and the sound of a machine whirring, but soon those noises dispersed into thin air and she was left with bitter silence.

She was afraid. Her heart beating uncontrollably fast as she clenched her fists. She tried to move but her movement was restricted like there were chains around her wrists and ankles.

An electric shock surged through her whole body, generated by the helmet propped on her head. Every time she moved around, the shock was worse. Tears soon fell from her eyes and an agonizing scream reverberated in the room.

They kept going, sending electric pulses through her whole body until she grew silent. She wanted to speak but no voice left her mouth. She wanted to do something, try and think of something to get her out but it was like everything was slowly moving away from her. She was slowly slipping away from her consciousness, a part of her ripped away and locked forever.

They kept going until she was left with nothing.

Sera gasps, her eyes growing wide as she pushed herself up from the ground. She looked around hurriedly, seeing that she was still in the hallways with Mark peering down at her in worry.

Brows furrowed, Mark had absolutely no idea what had happened. When he was about to say that the coast was clear, he turned to her only to find her unconscious.

"Easy, easy now," Mark said, rubbing the back of her shoulder, giving it a gentle pat occasionally. "Do you need some water? Are you—" he couldn't even get his words right, "What happened?"