Chapter 33

"D-David?"

He ignored her.

"David that's enough, you'll kill him!" She yelled. "He's not worth you getting into trouble with the law."

He suspended his hand mid air, then delivered one last punch on the man's face before letting go of him.

"Get out." He growled lowly and the man stood up and scampered for safety with his battered face.

He turned to her. "You okay?"

She nodded.

He had come there to make a quick call and had seen her struggling with the bastard who had had his hands all over her. 

"You weren't hurt?" He asked, looking her over, doing his best to avoid staring at the parts of her skin that were exposed.

"No." She replied. "Th-thank you for rescuing me."

"I couldn't just stand there  and watch him ravish you, now could I?" He smirked.

"I'm still grateful." She said looking away. Her heartbeat picking up a different pace, one of excitement.

He said nothing and she looked up at him from beneath her lashes. Her heart pounded faster and she found her knees going weak under his gaze.
"I - I never had the chance to thank you for helping us get the contract..."

***
She was fucking beautiful. And she always drove him crazy.
The only person that could easily turn him on even without trying. This woman.

She was saying something but he wasn't listening. He let his eyes roam over her to satiate their urge.

Her milky skin glistened under the moonlight and for a second, he didn't blame the bastard that had tried to force himself on her, for he too felt like burying his face on those creamy exposed shoulders and elegant long neck.

His gaze slid slower, taking in her curves. Even after childbirth, she was still perfect. 

The slit. That slit that exposed her thigh gave birth to really dirty thoughts that involved him doing unmentionable things to her.
He found himself wishing he could catch a glimpse of the rose tattoo on her inner thigh then he felt his member go harder than it was few seconds ago.

He finally noticed she had stopped talking and was quietly staring back at him. And she was blushing.

The girl drove him crazy.

But his passion was transient as he remembered she now belonged to another and even had his kids.

He slightly scowled. Angry with himself that she still affected him after all that had happened. Angry with her for not being contented with him, for cheating on him. Angry with her for binding herself with Dominic Samuels forever by bearing his children.

And she was here with him tonight.

"Do be careful whenever you are out on your own," he said drily. "You could never know who's watching and waiting for the right time to strike. And for God's sake, stay close to your date." He spat and made to walk past her.

"David..." She blurted out without thinking and he stopped and turned his face to meet her eyes.

She cleared her throat, not knowing what to say. Why did she have to stop him?
"I...I just wanted to say...thank you and..." She inhaled. "Congratulations on your upcoming wedding."

She saw an emotion flash through his eyes before it was quickly masked.

"Thank you." He nodded stiffly. "I'd advise you go in or get someone to stay with you if you really want to stay out here." He made to walk away again but she stopped him.