Chapter 14

"David I said I'm...I'm sorry." She apologized but he said nothing, focusing with all seriousness, at the screen before him.

Annabelle sighed. This husband of hers was so hard headed.

"Are you listening to me at all?" She asked wearily but he acted as if she wasn't even in the room. "Hello, a human being's actually talking."

Silence.

She rolled her eyes.
"Please say something."

Silence.

"David I'm sorry."

Silence.

She sighed deeply.
"I know. I know I was wrong David and I know I made a big mistake but please...just find it in that stony heart of yours to forgive me."

Silence.

She frowned. What the heck was wrong with him?

Her phone started to ring and she glanced at the caller and saw that it was her mother.

She decided to return the woman's call later, before an idea clicked.

She smiled evilly.

"Dominic? Why is he calling?" She pretended, stood up to leave the room and acted like she wanted to pick the call when she felt Dominic's hard glare on her.

"God help you if you dare pick that call!" He boomed.

She smiled inwardly.

"What? Why?" She asked, feigning innocence.

"Don't you dare me, Annabelle."

She grinned this time. "Oh, so someone has been hearing and listening to what I've been saying."

"You have the nerve," he gritted. "To take his call in my presence."

"Was just a ploy to see if you've really lost your hearing or not."

He glared.

"And it worked." She smiled. "It was my mum that was on the line."

He just glared.

She rolled her eyes. "Will you stop glaring at me like you want to cut me up and eat me for dinner?"

His eyes darkened.

"That's exactly what's on my mind now, to do." He said huskily. "Apart from the cutting up, of course."

She stood silent, getting his meaning and her cheeks warmed.

"Y-you...you..."

"Me what?"

"Nothing!" She exclaimed.

He smirked, then closed the laptop and stood up, towering over her.

"You want my forgiveness, don't you?"
He drawled huskily taking a step towards her and she took a step backwards.

"Well, that's why I've been apologizing." She said breathlessly, taking more steps backward as he kept coming closer to her.

"Well then," he said, his tone dangerously low. "You have to earn it."

Her back hit the wall while he stared at her as a predator would a prey.

"H-how?" She half whispered, wondering if that voice was really hers.

Cornering her in between himself and the wall, he brought his lips down to her neck without warning and she gasped at the sweet shock.
Her toes tingled.