Chapter 6

Annabelle gasped as David took a step towards her and she took a step backward.

"W-what do you think you're doing?"
She asked breathlessly.

"Stopping you from leaving." He said with a smirk as he came closer to her.

She stood her ground and didn't move backwards anymore, trying her utmost best not to cower in front of him.
"You can't stop me from leaving!"

"I'm about to do just that." He replied huskily.

She took another step backward as he was an inch close to her.
"Stay away from me!"

"I won't allow you to leave this house, Annabelle."
He grounded lowly.

"Why?"

"Because," he sighed. "goddammit Annabelle, you're a married woman for fuck's sake!"

"And you are a married man!" She exclaimed. "A married man and yet you hardly stay at your matrimonial home, a married man and you're still philandering with other women...!"

David cursed under his breath. "Enough!"

"No it's not enough!" She snapped. "I am going to leave this house tonight and you are not going to stop me!"

"We'll see who's stronger between the two of us."
He said lowly, clearly amused.

Annabelle released an angry sigh.
"All I want to do right now is stab you with a nice sharp dagger."

"And all I want to do right now is kiss you senseless until you forget about going out tonight."
He drawled sexily.

Her breath caught when he said that and she stared up at him, speechless.

"And I will do it," he continued. "If you try to leave this house tonight."

She was half tempted to prove stubborn, so that he would do what he had threatened but chose not to.

"Kathy is waiting for me, I can't..."

"Call her and cancel." He drawled nonchalantly.

Annabelle scoffed. "Really? Did you just hear yourself? I am not..."

David's phone rang and he hesitated when he glanced at the caller, but made up his mind after a few seconds as he picked.

"Hello? If I remember vividly, we just spoke few minutes ago...I don't think that'll be possible tonight..."
Annabelle narrowed her eyes at him as she discovered he was talking to Chanel.
"...Come on, don't start..." He sighed in resignation, and Annabelle took it as her clue.
"...Alright, I'm coming..."

She walked past him avoiding his hand that reached for her. She locked the door and took off the key, sliding it deep into her bra, then crossed her hands across her chest, unaware of the rise of the smooth curves of her breasts, a sight his eyes didn't miss.

After he hung up, he stared at her with amusement all over his face.
"Okay, what was the meaning of that?"

"Exactly what it seemed." She replied curtly. "You think you can stop me from going  where I intended to go to and then leave whenever you like?"

He smirked. "Oh, so 'that' is what this is about."

"You haven't seen nothing yet." She snapped, then walked to the bed and half laid on it comfortably. "If I ain't going nowhere, you ain't going nowhere either."

David's eyes narrowed slightly.
"You make quite a seductive picture lying on the bed like that."
He drawled huskily.

Annabelle blushed deeply at his comment, but she gave a comeback anyway.
"And you make quite an annoying picture standing there and moping at me like I'm some porn movie."