Chapter 12

After packing her luggage, she called on the gatekeeper to unobtrusively take them outside through the house's back door and the gatekeeper reluctantly obeyed.

Since none of the cars was personally hers, she asked the driver to drop her off at the location she was going to.

"But madam, don't you think it would be wise to wait for the boss before..." The driver, John started but she interrupted.

"You will take me out of this house, NOW!" She boomed.

The driver stiffened. She had never yelled at him like that before. "Alright madam."

The drive to Dominic's house was filled with thoughts and regrets on Annabelle's side.
She regretted ever going through with the marriage. She regretted thinking that she could make the marriage work. She regretted everything!

But her eyes were open now. She would no longer make those mistakes again.

"We're here, madam." John announced and she snapped out of her thoughts and switched off her phone.

He assisted her in getting her bags up to Dominic's doorstep before she asked him to leave.
He hesitated but then turned to leave. He zoomed off in the car and Annabelle knew he was going to share this bit of information with his boss.

But she didn't care. She was never going back to David. He should just marry Chanel and let them live happily ever after.

She pressed the doorbell twice before the door opened revealing Dominic.
There was a bandage just below his lips, where David had punched him and a small swelling on his right cheek.

"Ann...?" His eyes widened when he saw her luggage outside and he scowled in anger.
"That bastard threw you out?"

Annabelle could only shake her head as tears pooled up in her eyes.

His eyes softened. "Come in dear, I'll bring your things in."

Annabelle sat on the cool sofa with a mug of tea in her hand and Dominic sitting across from her.

"I'm just tired, Dominic." She said, defeatedly. "I didn't ask for this marriage as well. I was forced into it. Why then do they always make it seem as if I schemed and planned for the marriage to happen with ulterior motives?"

Dominic sighed and crossed over to sit beside her, taking her into his arms as tears began to spill.
"They don't know how rare a gem 💎you are. And I'm glad they never realized it." He cupped her chin and lifted it so that she could look at him. "Can't you see it, Ann? Can't you see that we are meant to be together? You and Maxwell are not in anyway matched..."

Except in bed. She thought.

"You don't know how happy I am to have you in my arms right now."
Dominic whispered as he pulled her closer. "There is no better feeling."

Annabelle was silent. She was just acknowledging the fact that being in Dominic's arms, so close to him no longer made her heart beat like it did with a certain somebody.

Dominic offered to sleep in the guest room after she gently told him that she wanted to be alone. She didn't want to jump back into their relationship after she just jumped out of her matrimonial home and probably, her marriage.

As she slept that night, she wondered what David was doing at the moment. Would he be with Chanel right now, the woman he loves? Of course he would.
She wondered what he would think and how he would react to her running away. Would he be happy to be rid of her or would he...look for her? She shook her head, choosing the former. David would be happy now. He would be. Why wouldn't he be?