Chapter 24

Neither of them moved. They just stared.

And the moment was broken by the blaring of car horns from some of the arriving guests.

"Belle?" He said lowly but it was loud enough to reach her ears.

A variety of emotions crossed her chest. Of love, pain, excitement, hurt and anger all at once and caused by this one man. A man who had haunted her dreams for the last six years and featured in almost all of her sleeping and waking thoughts.

He hadn't changed much except that he had grown much more handsome and slightly bigger, though with no ounce of flesh.

The father of her children and a man she had loved.

A man she had done her best to forget.

"Baby!" That voice that had once been her enemy's, spoke as she came to meet him. "Aren't you done with your call yet?"
She didn't notice Annabelle.

Chanel placed her hand on his chest in a possessive manner but David didn't tear his eyes off the woman slightly hidden by the darkness but never to him.
It was as if she would disappear if he so much as looked away for a second.

Seeing that Chanel had come to meet him, she turned and left the pool.

"Belle!"

Anger and hurt had beclouded her heart when she saw them looking good together. And the memories of the way everyone including him, had treated her six years ago came flooding her mind, increasing her anger.

He caught up with her just beside the garden and grabbed her arm, halting her escape.

"Annabelle!"

She glared at him. "Let go of me."

"It's really you." He whispered.

"I'm not a ghost if that's what you were thinking." She said curtly.

"Lord, Where on earth have you been?"

"Somewhere on earth." She snapped. "And why do you care?"

"Because I have been searc-"  He sharply halted. "Because I haven't been seeing you around." He said instead. "Where have you been Annabelle?"

She pulled her arm away. "None of your business."

He decided to let it drop for the meantime.
"What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that."
Her eyes flashed.

He didn't respond as his eyes pierced hers. That look that always melted her and she looked away.

Then he slowly brought his hand up to her face and she looked back up at him like they were in a trance.

His thumb traced her lips slowly and caressingly as she saw his eyes darken with that emotion she was already familiar with.

"Belle, I..."

"Dave where are you?" Chanel's voice rang close by and he took his hands off her, missing the look of hurt that had briefly crossed her face.

Without another word, she left before Chanel could see her.

She took deep breaths before entering the house again.