Chapter 3

Annabelle stood frozen on the spot as her husband's so called girlfriend ranted on.
Never in her life, had she imagined that a woman would claim her husband in her matrimonial home and there would be nothing she would be able to do about it.

"...So where is he?" Chanel asked drily.

Annabelle glared at her. If only she and her husband were in love or were even friends or at least tolerated each other, she would have taught the woman in front of her, a lesson she would never forget.
"He is not home." She said tightly.

"Oh really?" Chanel asked with a mocking smirk. "But why do I find that hard to believe? Well, the only way to find out is to call him, right?"

That was better. Annabelle thought. She wanted to hear David's response.

Chanel brought out her, obviously latest iPhone and dialed a number.

"Hello darling...where are you?...Oh... Well, your contract wife said you were not at home...yes she did...alright baby, I'm coming up now."
She hung up and looked pointedly at Annabelle.
"Don't tell me you're already falling in love with my boyfriend, because I can't explain this protectiveness over him." She came closer.
"But let me advise you. Try not to fall in love with him, because I assure you that your feelings will never be reciprocated. Just a piece of advice."

"Chanel."
A deep voice called from upstairs.

"Oh darling."
Chanel purred seductively.

"What are you doing? I thought I told you to come upstairs?"

"Oh, I'm coming right up, honey."
Giving Annabelle a triumphant smile, Chanel cat walked up the stairs to meet David.

Annabelle turned to look up at David with hurt and anger in her eyes as a result of his disrespect to her.

He stared back at her cynically, for a while then turned and walked away with Chanel clinging to his arms.

Annabelle felt like screaming at the world. She felt mocked, shamed and disgraced and couldn't do anything about it because of the falseness of her marriage. She had no power in the marriage, no power! She might be David Maxwell's wife but even the sexy Chanel had more powers over David than she did. That's even if she had any.

"M-madam." Abigail brought her out of her reverie. "I'm sorry about what just happened."

She took a deep breath and forced a tight smile. "It's not in any way your fault, so don't apologise."

Abigail nodded. "I'll be in the kitchen madam."

"It's okay."

"Will you be okay madam?"

"Yes, don't worry about me."

"Okay, dinner will be ready soon."
Abigail announced and left after her boss's wife nodded.

Annabelle legs suddenly became too light to carry her and she flopped on the couch nearby.

She felt so ashamed and disgraced. Her husband and his whore could possibly be doing some dirty things upstairs in her matrimonial home. And there was nothing she could do about it.

After dinner, she slowly made her way upstairs to try and get some sleep. When she got to the corridor, she heard moans and gasps coming from the room her husband had slept in the previous night.
She wasn't a child, she knew what was going on in that room at the moment and she definitely didn't want to witness it.

Shaking her head, she went into her bedroom, locked the door and leaned back on it, taking deep breaths.
If she would continue with this marriage, she needed to be strong. She needed to create a thick skin and not allow some certain things to get to her.