Chapter 35

"I'm really sorry Dominic," Annabelle apologized as she saw him off to his car. "I hope you're not offended?"

Dominic shook his head. "Not at all Ann. Besides, I'm the one that offered to leave. And I know that if Maxwell sees me here, let's just say it's not gonna end well and the children should not witness any heated scene between us. But I'm doing this only this time, next time I won't be leaving."

"Thank you for being understanding." She said.

"Just don't allow him sway you Anna." He said. "I know the kids are his but please do not give in to any form of seduction from him."

Annabelle scoffed. "I'm sure the last thing he'd do right now is seduce me. He hates me at the moment."

She bade him goodbye as he drove off then turned and went back into the house.

She met Samuel alone in the sitting room as he practiced his reading.

"Where's your sister Sammy?"

Samuel looked up. "She went upstairs to pee. Has uncle Dom gone?"

"Yes darling he has. Hope you're..."
She was halted as a knock came on the door.

She knew it was him.

After taking a deep breath, she walked to the door and slowly opened it.

He stood there looking dashing in black pants and a sky blue shirt that contrasted stunningly with his dark skin. He was holding a branded bag.

And there was no smile on his face for her.

"Hi." She greeted drily.

"Hi." He responded with the same tone and let himself in while she rolled her eyes and closed the door.

She turned to say something but halted when she looked at him as he stood motionless.

His face had completely softened with emotion as he looked at his son who was still innocently bent over his book.

She wondered whether he remembered she was there at all.

Then the little boy looked up and blinked as if trying to recognize him. Then a wide cute and toothy grin appeared on his face.
"Hero!"

He jumped up and raced across the room to embrace his leg but David picked him up and embraced him tightly with his eyes close as his emotions threatened to overwhelm him.

His son.

Annabelle felt like she was intruding at that moment and tears pricked the corners of her eyes as she watched father and son hold on to each other.

They looked so good together as father and son.

David finally released him.

"Where have you been hero?" Sammy asked. "You just left."

"I've been around little man." He said with a smile. "But I'm never leaving again."

"Hewo!!!"

Annabelle rolled her eyes and laughed. She could swear that the whole house shook at Sandra's loud voice.

The little girl jumped down the stairs carelessly as David gently put Samuel down.

"Sandra!" Annabelle screamed in horror. "How many times have I told you..."

"Hewo!!!" Sandra ignored her mum and jumped on David who hugged her back with a wide smile.

He kissed her head.

"How are you princess?" He asked still holding her.

She grinned. "I'm fine hewo. I missed you!"