Chapter 25

"Have you set the appointment with the CEO of Style By Hilda?"
Annabelle asked her new Secretary who was not so grumpy and rude towards her anymore.

"Yes madam. I already did." Darlene answered politely.
Well, she should if she still wanted to keep her job!

"Good," Annabelle said, her eyes on the laptop before her. "That'll be all for now."

"Okay madam." Darlene turned and left the office.

Annabelle couldn't help the smirk. She still saw the wonder on Darlene's face whenever she looked at her , Annabelle.
She would have had her fired when she took over the seat of CEO from her mother, but she didn't want to pay back evil for evil. And asides that, she needed some of Darlene's experience in working for the company and her mother since she was still a new CEO.

Her mother had really shocked her when she made her the company's Head. Despite the fact that they had only found and known each other for a little over a month. She had hardly believed it.

A text came in from Dominic, reminding her that she had promised to have lunch with him and that it was almost time.

She smiled. Dominic was being sweet, soft and patient with her. He wasn't pressuring her to rush into another relationship with him and she really appreciated that.

She texted him back then got ready to go for lunch.

❤️💎❤️

"Hope you're enjoying the food?" Dominic asked for the third time.

She nodded again. "It's very delicious." She paused. "Has this place turned to your favorite restaurant too?"
Like David.

He smiled. "I like this place but I don't come here often because of the high costs of the food here. I only come here when I have a very important person with me. Someone like you."

She giggled. "Yeah, right."

"How are your kids?" He asked hesitantly.

She grinned. "They're quite a handful these days but my babies are fine."

He smiled and nodded.
"Are you-are you ever going to tell..."

"Can we not just talk about it?" She snapped unintentionally.

He sighed. "I'm sorry."

She took a deep breath. "I shouldn't have snapped at you like that, I'm sorry too."

"It's fine," he said, taking her hands into his. "But you need to move on Annabelle."

She nodded. "I know."

*
After they finished lunch, she excused herself and headed to the restroom to freshen her face.

As she walked down the small corridor to the restrooms a voice halted her.

"Annabelle Ingrid Rowland eh?" A familiar voice said from behind and she sharply turned around to see the arrogant smirk on his handsome face.
"I must say you have done well for yourself."

She crossed her arms. "What do you want?"

His smirk deepened. "Must I want something? Can't I say hello to my ex wife?"