Chapter 18

She squinted her eyes as she tried to adjust them to the rays of morning light that streamed in from the window.

A gentle tap on her arm had her eyes opening to the touch.
"Babe wake up."
Babe? She opened her eyes completely to behold the owner of the voice and she jerked away in total confusion.
Then her mouth opened in horror when she saw the other person that stood at the door entrance glaring daggers at them, anger and disgust written all over his face.

"David?" She whispered. She looked at herself then at Dominic and cursed under her breath when she noticed they were both naked under the blanket and she could imagine what David would make of the scene.

How did this happen?

She began to shake her head. "It's not what it seems."

He said nothing, just stood glaring at them with hatred in his eyes.

Then he turned and left, slamming the door in his wake.

Was she dreaming? She hoped she was. She hoped she would wake up right now and...

"Don't mind him Annabelle..." Dominic started and tried to touch her but she flinched and inched away from him. Confusion, horror and disgust pasted on her face.

"What am I doing here?" She whispered, lacking the strength to speak out.

He frowned. "What are you talking about? We came here together."

"What?" She sat up straighter, clutching the blanket to her chest. "Why would I come here with you? Tell me what I'm doing here, how I came here and why I'm naked!"

"Annabelle please calm down..."

"Don't tell me to calm down!" She snapped crazily. "How did we end up like this?"

"Ok fine fine," Dominic cut in, with his hands raised in surrender. "He hurt you Annabelle. I saw you crying your heart out in the park then I brought you home with your permission." She was already shaking her head as he explained. "Yes Annabelle, you came here willingly. I didn't kidnap you if that's what you're thinking."

She remembered what had happened the previous day. Her husband and her sister. So it wasn't a dream?

"So we...we..."

His face softened in hurt. "Ann, you never had a problem with us making love before."

"Oh my god." She cried lowly, with her face buried in her palms.

"Ann..."

She slapped his hands away as her eyes shone with rage. "You bastard! You took advantage of my weakness!

"Annabelle!"

"Blast you, you bloody vile man!" She shouted. "You have succeeded in creating problems in my marriage."

❤️❤️❤️

She pushed the door with so much force and anger that it slammed back against the wall and almost went off it's hinges.

"Lydia!" She growled.

Lydia jumped from her dresser seat with a confused frown.
"Sis..." Before she could utter another word, Annabelle surged forward and landed a hard slap on her cheek and Lydia fell on the bed holding her cheek. She gasped in horror.
"Annabelle!"

"You little whore!" Annabelle landed a hotter slap on her other cheek that left fingerprints and Lydia screamed as she tried to defend herself.

Annabelle raised her hand to give her a third one when her arm was caught midway by a strong arm. She looked to see who it was and David's angry face filled her vision.