Chapter 21

"Now come give mummy a kiss."

The twins kissed either sides of her cheeks and bade her goodbye as they ran into their class with the other kids.

She smiled as she watched them go. They had finally settled into their new school and had each other's backs.
Samuel, like his father was a fearless and protective little boy. He watched over his sister and protected her especially from bullies, as much as his little self could. And Sandra would talk down whoever messed with her brother.

She was glad they had each other.

She quickly turned to leave the school and head to work.

They were living really fine. Her salary and the tips she got on some occasions have been more than helpful in fending for her and her children.
It had been three weeks since they moved in and the twins had adapted really fast to their environment and was even enjoying their new life. To them, their current apartment was like heaven compared to the old one.
They didn't know their mother had lived in far better places.

She sighed, vowing that someday, she would give them the luxurious life she had once had. She would never let them suffer in life.

Several times, they had asked of their father. Especially Sandra. And as expected, she had been telling them that their father had traveled and would be back soon. And the innocent kids would always buy the story especially when she tells them that he was going to buy lots of gifts on his way back.

She knew that no matter how much she provided for them, they would always crave a father's love. Since their father does not even know of their existence, she would have to get married to another man who would love her children like they were his.

She had been getting several proposals from men over the years but she had turned them all down.

She would get married again someday. But if no man would give her kids the needed love a father should give to his children, then she would never ever marry but raise them herself and when the time was right, she would tell them the truth.

❤️❤️💎

It was time for lunch and she went down to a fast food to get some snacks and drinks. The good foods there were very expensive and she didn't want to waste money on these foods that day so she would have enough to prepare the dinner they would have that night.

She was going out of the eatery when she bumped into a man.

"Oh I'm so sorry, wasn't paying attention..."
A gasp from the other person halted her blabbing and movement and she stilled.

Oh no.

"Do my eyes deceive me?" He stared at her with wide eyes. "Annabelle is this really you?"

She quickly slid past him and tried to get away but he caught hold of her arm halting her escape.

"Anna please!" He cried. "Where are you going? Why are you trying to run away again?"

"Let go of my arm Dominic." She said firmly but calmly.

"Promise me you won't try to leave." He said desperately. She looked at for some seconds then clenched her teeth and nodded.

Then he released her arm and stared at her like a child that had finally found it's lost pet.
"I can't believe it's you." He whispered. "Where have you been? I have searched for you everywhere!"

She became quiet, then shook her head.
"Long story."

"What happened to your number?"

"I changed it when I left." She said curtly.