Chapter 29

"Congratulations Miss Rowland, your company has been offered the contract."

❤️❤️💎

She didn't think she'd still get the contract after what she did the previous weekend at David's apartment.

For some reasons, the contract that she had worked so hard to get suddenly didn't matter to her that much anymore. Maybe it was the way she had gotten it, she couldn't tell.

She felt guilty for what had happened at David's apartment with Chanel. She knew she must have caused problems between them that night and she was beginning to feel bad. It made her not different from Chanel. It was something that someone like Chanel would have done and not her, herself.

But she had done it.

She contemplated calling him to apologize then thank him for still keeping to his promise despite her bad behavior but decided against it. He prolly wouldn't even want to talk to her.

As she came into the house from work, the heated night of their lovemaking, if she could call it that, occupied her mind again as it always had ever since and each time she thought of it, a sweet ache courses through her abdomen to her womanhood.

She knew it would be like this if she let him touch her again and she had allowed it. Now she had to face the consequences.

"Welcome honey." Ingrid greeted her as she came downstairs.

"Hi mum." She smiled as she flopped tiredly on the sofa.

"Congratulations my love." Ingrid grinned. "You have achieved what even I couldn't achieve. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you mum."

"How were you able to do it!? Ingrid asked excitedly.

"It was David." She said lowly.

"Really?" Ingrid asked, surprised and curious. "Tell me about it."

She shook her head. "Trust me, you don't wanna know."

Ingrid shrugged slightly. "If you say so dear. But always remember that whenever you need someone to talk to, I'll always be there."

She smiled her thanks. "Thank you mum, will keep that in mind."

Ingrid nodded.

"Now go upstairs, freshen up and come down for dinner while I get my grand kids. We need to celebrate this!"
Ingrid said as she gently pushed her daughter up the stairs, their laughter echoing in the house.

❤️❤️💎

"Congratulations Anna, I'm proud of you." Dominic said with a grin.

"Thank you Dominic." Annabelle smiled back.

They were sitting in the park watching the twins as they played together with other children.

"How were you able to pull that off?" He asked. "I mean it's really difficult to get a contract from that brand without a good connection."

She smiled half heartedly. "I guess I was lucky to find someone who was highly connected to be my plug."

"I'm really happy for you." He said. "Your mum must be so proud."

Annabelle laughed. "She has been gushing about it to her friends."

Dominic grinned and looked at her lovingly. "Which mother wouldn't?"

***

Sandra decided to feel like a big girl, thereby ditching her brother and her newfound friend to chase after a colorful butterfly that seemed to call on her.