Chapter 37

"Wake up mum, it's past breakfast time." Sandra squealed as she jumped on her mum's bed with Samuel and gently shook her.

"Yeah, it's almost 11am." Samuel chipped in.

Annabelle yawned deeply and opened her eyes.
"It's morning already?"

"Almost 11am mum!" Samuel screamed.

"What?" Annabelle sat up. "How did I sleep up until this time?"

"Don't know." Sandra shrugged.

Annabelle rubbed her eyes and looked at them both as they peered at her.
"Have you both had breakfast?"

"Yes," Sandra replied. "A long time ago."

"We wanted to come wake you but hero said you were tired and we should let you sleep more." Samuel said.

Of course he did.

The children left her room to allow her freshen up.
When she came out of the bathroom after she was done bathing, a tray of food was waiting on her bed for her.

She looked around but didn't see who had brought it in. She had heard the door open and close twice after a knock but she had thought it were the kids. Must have been the maid.

She munched on the large delicious breakfast then took the almost empty tray downstairs to the kitchen where she met the cook. It was a new person, not Abigail.

"Good morning." She said as she dropped the plates in the dishwasher.

The middle aged help who had a pleasant face turned to her and smiled.
"Good morning ma'am. Hope you slept well?"

"Yes I did." She smiled. "And I enjoyed the breakfast too. It was very delicious."

The woman grinned. "Mr Maxwell is definitely good in making some breakfast dishes."

Annabelle frowned. "What do you mean?"

The help looked at her wide eyed. "I meant he cooks certain breakfast meals really well."

"You mean he prepared the breakfast I just had?" She asked.

The woman nodded. "Yes madam. He even made the breakfast he and the kids had had this morning. Then made yours too."

"Wait he... was he the person that brought my breakfast up to my room?"

"Yes madam." The help said slowly, not knowing if she should be releasing such information.

Annabelle frowned in thought briefly then smiled at the woman. "I'm Annabelle."

The woman grinned. "Pleased to meet you madam, I'm Mercy."

***

She went to the gym room to look for them as Mercy had told her they were there.

She heard the children's giggles and excited talks and she slowly walked to the entrance of the room and her heart pounded in unexplainable joy and contentment.

He was doing push-ups, a grin on his face while the twins counted for him, clearly enjoying themselves.

She watched them unobtrusively for a long while then turned and left not wanting to spoil the moment. She even needed to start getting ready to go back to her mother's house with the kids.

A knock came on the door then the children ran into the room laughing excitedly.

"Mum, we had so much fun!" Sandra exclaimed.

Annabelle smiled at her. "So much fun baby?"

"Yeah!" Samuel agreed. "But we have something to ask you mum."