Chapter 17

Annabelle was surprised to see David in the master bedroom as she came into the room to retire for the night. He had gone straight upstairs when he returned from work a bit late that night murmuring that he wasn't hungry and she had thought that he went to the guest room where he had been sleeping these past days.
They still haven't had that 'talk' he had said they would have.

"Will you come to bed or will you just stand there and gape at me?" He drawled.

"Oh I - I thought you were a-asleep." She stuttered. "I'm just surprised to see you here."

"How many times do I have to remind you that this room is also mine as much as it is yours."
He said.

She crossed her arms over her chest.
"It's obvious. Except that you made it clear on the night of our wedding that you wouldn't be sleeping here."

He looked at her with an amused expression. "If you're saying all these just to get me to leave this room then it's not working."

Annabelle scoffed. "I wish that desire would be granted."

He smirked. "Unfortunately, you're stuck with me for tonight. Come."

She slowly went over to him. He looked very tired but was trying to keep his eyes open. She knew there was a huge contract the company was currently working on and David had been working his ass out this past week to execute that contract as soon as possible as well as successfully so they could move on to the next contracts.

He was indeed a very capable company president. It was a pity that he was only a temporary one for now until he had kept his own part of the contract by staying married to her for three years.

They had only been married for six months now.

She climbed onto the bed and he pulled her closer to him, then looked expectantly at her with drooping eyelids.

"Uh, a-about the other night with Dominic..."

"Shh," he hushed her softly. "I never want to see him near you like that again. And I never want to hear his name mentioned between us again. Can you do that for me?"

She nodded her head firmly. "Yes."

"Good." He said satisfactorily. "Come here."

She drew even closer to him and he kissed her forehead then involuntarily sighed in tiredness and softly laid his head on her chest with his arms around her waist.

She wrapped her arms around him and unobtrusively placed a kiss on his head as he fell asleep in her arms.

❤️💎❤️

If anyone had told Annabelle that the David she had married would come to be the loving and romantic person he currently was, she would have argued strongly against it.

It was as if she was living a fairytale. David suddenly became her Prince Charming that she had wondered several times what had happened that had yielded such fruits in their relationship since the past three weeks.

He hadn't told her that he loved her or anything like that, but his actions and gestures towards her were ones that when she thought about them brought huge smiles on her face.

She was falling in love with him.

Lydia was still in the house as their mother was still not back from her trip. Annabelle had called and spoken to the woman on phone and she had grumpily said that she was there on business. She hadn't called Annabelle ever since they spoke but Annabelle was sure that she spoke with Lydia almost everyday, though she didn't know what they always talked about and she didn't care. She had her husband all to herself.