Chapter 10

Annabelle smiled to herself for the umpteenth time as she recalled what had happened the previous night.

She found it difficult to concentrate on the work before her and she forced herself to erase the erotic images from her mind, at least for the meantime.

The pure and earth shattering bliss she felt was beyond her expectations and she found herself wanting more of him.
It's possible though, that he wasn't thinking of last night as she was. He probably took it as a casual fling but to her, it was much more than that. It was an intense feeling of satisfaction and euphoria that could be likened to...love? Never!

She sat up. She'd better take her mind off such notions and focus on her work. She was the company's vice president so she had to act like one and not some lovesick fool. But she definitely couldn't stop the flashing images that evaded her mind and caused wetness in her core.

She shifted in her seat, suddenly having the urge to dry hump and scolded herself.
That's what that blasted man was making her crave.

When it was time to go home, she stood up abruptly, left her office and found herself heading to her husband's office.

When she got to his secretary's desk, the woman stopped her as usual.

"Mr Maxwell is not around, madam." She said drily and Annabelle frowned.

"He went out?"

"He has gone out for dinner."
Gloria replied.

Dinner at five? But... She shook her head lightly and gave a fake smile.

"Oh, he mentioned he'll be having a business dinner. I forgot." She lied.

Gloria looked up at her with an amused expression.
"Oh, did he mention he'll be having that dinner with Chanel?"

Annabelle gasped inwardly. Chanel? But not wanting the other woman to see her defeated, she still pasted the smile on her face and raised her chin at the woman.

"He did," she replied. "Got a problem with that?"

Gloria frowned. "Oh..."

Annabelle smiled widely. Glad that she had won this time even though she had had to pretend.

"Have a good evening, Gloria."
She smirked and left.

As she was walking to the car that the driver had brought around, she found herself shaking slightly as questions whirled around her head.

Was he really having dinner with Chanel and not her, his wife? Especially after what they had shared last night? She shook her head as she slid into the car while the driver held the door and shut it after she went in.

"Where madam?" He asked as he slid into the driver's seat.

"The Palatial restaurant." She said firmly and the driver manoeuvred the car and headed over to David's favourite restaurant.

💖💖💖

Annabelle saw them just as she sat down. They were in a secluded corner talking and smiling like a couple in love.

She felt an unfamiliar tightening in her stomach as she watched the two of them and wrenched her eyes away.

After the night of passion they had till the early hours of the morning, she had thought some certain things would change in their lives.
Yes, he had driven her to work this morning in a good mood, but she expected more. She didn't know exactly what she had expected but she did know that she expected more from him. Not this, this she was...