Chapter 8

Vic's POV
  Ahhh the human world, I'd never actually been down here before, only watched it from up there in my realm. I'd always wanted to come see what it was like, but you see, I was the youngest Shinigami, I'd only been alive roughly a thousand years. Everyone else was at least two to three thousand years old, if not even older then that. I know Austin is, well, he's the oldest, and let me just say I don't think I'd want to live as long as he has. Don't ask how I came to be, I have no idea, the first thing I remember is being inducted by Austin into the realm, being read the rules and told what I had to do. So if you where to ask me if I was human before, or even an animal, I really wouldn't be able to answer that. It seemed to be the way, when I'd asked everyone, they gave the same answer, the first thing they remember is being inducted. So I guess our memories of any past life, if we had one where erased.

But here I am, in the human world, at last. I did have honest intentions, I genuinely wanted to help Alex, he was my friend, out of all the Shinigami's, Matt and Alex where the friendliest of them. Erza could be way too authoritative sometimes, she had a kind heart but she rarely let it show. She was very guarded and frankly came across scarier then Austin sometimes. Alan was a quite soul, and he was Austin's little pet, although he never told on anyone, he rarely hung out with us, mainly stayed by Austin's side. Laxus was so laid back he was horizontal, although I wouldn't advise pissing him off...he had one hell of an attitude and as for Ryuk was just insane, though it was amusing I will admit.

So far my plan was working perfectly, Kellin had taken the bait and the book. He'd had it for two days and he'd already written five names. He was a beautiful human, small, slim but toned, with long black hair and perfect bright blue eyes. That was the less honest side of my intentions, I'd seen him while we where watching Alex and Jack a few days ago and well, I just had to meet him. Yes, yes I'm aware of the predicament Alex is currently in, but you see, unlike Alex, I'm not...hot headed I guess is the best word. I think before I speak, or act, I will always talk rather then argue or snap, I liked the quite life in that respect. I hadn't shown myself to Kellin yet, I would tonight though, but first I needed to track down Alex and get him and Jack back together.

Honestly, I knew Alex knew what he needed to do, go speak to Jack, get his side of the story. From what I'd heard, Alex saw Jack flirting with some guy in a library for not even five minutes, that upset Alex, so he freaked out and yeah, now he was laying in some alley way crying and Jack had shut himself in his room crying. This wasn't healthy for either of them, so good old Vic, to the rescue, make Alex grow some balls and go speak to him.

Jack's POV
Five more deaths?! How had there been five more?! I hadn't written in my note since Alex left, I hadn't done anything since Alex left, I just stayed in my bed crying. I was pulling sickies off college, but I knew I wouldn't be able to next week, next week I had my exams. Just what I needed right now huh? Alex gone, all I can do is cry, I feel like this pain in my chest would never end, the hurt from Alex not being there, by my side. Not being able to touch him, to kiss him, the pain hurt so bad and it felt like it was never going to heal. Then there was this guilt for what I had done with the note, I hadn't felt guilty in a while, but since Alex left, all I could see myself as was a worthless, pathetic, evil murderer. And now there could be another note in this world, four heart attacks and a suicide, now before I'd of brushed that off. But knowing how the note works, and knowing about it, something told me there was a second note. And that could mean bad news for me, I'd so far kept it controlled, I was being careful to cover any tracks that could lead to me. I didn't know this person, they could completely blow it for me. And then my exams. Seriously world, shit on me a bit more because I clearly haven't been shat on enough already.

Alex's POV
Two more days gone, two more days without Jack, two more days of tears, hurt, pain and nothingness. I felt worthless, pathetic, hopeless, lost, alone, I wanted to die, I didn't want to live anymore, not if it meant living with this pain forever. But aside from killing to protect Jack, there was only one other way that I knew of that could result in my death. And that was too kill a human without using the note, so, well, murdering one, that would earn me the death sentence back home. Austin would kill me, and it would be over. But was I really capable of doing such a thing? It was one thing killing with a note, but with my own bare hands, I don't think I could do it. But then again, I was starting to go crazy from this pain so who knew what I would be capable of anymore. I just wanted the pain to go away, and I'd just about do anything to make it go away.