Chapter 19

**A few hours earlier**

J's POV
  I had my prime suspects, I'd narrowed it down to two...Justin Hills and...Kellin Bostwick. I didn't want to believe Kellin was Ramiro, for detective Bostwicks sake, but, I couldn't deny my instincts. He had the connections, his life style fit the times of deaths, he had access to information not everyone could get. He was very smart, almost too smart, while I was there, I'd put him through a number of subtle tests. Nothing that would give me away, just things you'd ask anyone in an area you where intrested in, so I played it cool, kept it subtle. I couldn't deny my gut instinct, but, I had no proof, nothing to link him to any of it, the same with Justin. I had no choice now, I had to bring them in for questioning, I'd done all I could from my current position, and now, I needed to take the next step. Of course, I had to be careful, Kellin could very well know what to say, what to do, how to act...but, if you apply enough pressure to something, eventually it will crack. Technically I only had forty eight hours, but I wasn't holding him up in a cell, he wouldn't know where he was, so I would keep him here as long as I saw fit, until I could either charge him, or, clear him.

"Bostwick!" I called from a quite room.
"Yes?"
"I know this is going to be very hard for you, and I am sorry, but...I need to go home and bring Kellin here...and he must be blind folded."
"What? No...why? You can't think..." His face was one of pure horror.
"I'm sorry Bostwick, I cannot deny my instincts, he's not the only one. I've sent Worsnop and Pauley for Justin Hills, I-I just thought you might like to get Kellin yourself."
He was silent for a moment, he looked scared, confused, but eventually nodded. "C-can it wait, just for a little bit, I'd like to work out what I'm going to say to my wife. S-she's working a night shift tonight and leaves in one hour...s-so I'd like to make an excuse for Kellin not to be there for a few days a-and take him once she's gone."
"Of course." I nodded, I understood why he wanted to protect his wife, I could very well be wrong about Kellin, and this would cause undue stress for her, so naturally, I was happy to hold on for a little while.
"T-Thank you."
"Would you like someone to go with you?"
"No, but you can put a wire on me if you'd like to be sure I'm not going to say anything to Kellin I shouldn't."
"I think that may be wise, I trust you, but this is your son so I cannot be too careful here."
"I-I understand."
"I'm sorry Bostwick, I hope I am wrong, but I-I just cannot deny the facts right now."
"It's okay." He shook his head sadly, I can't imagine what I was putting him through right now, I felt sorry for him, but I had a job to do.
"Go get some fresh air for ten minutes, while I finish setting Sykes and myself up with our voice changers, so we can start questioning Hills, and then I'll get you wired up okay?"
"Okay, thank you." He gave a small nod and left the room.

"Sykes, you need this, Worsnop and Pauley are on their way back with Hills and already have theirs on, with their face masks. You and Pauley will be focusing on Hills, while myself and Worsnop on Kellin..." I handed Sykes a choker with a small black box on it, that would alter his voice and a face mask. Both Kellin and Hills would be blindfolded and tied up, but I couldn't run the risk.
"Wait...Kellin as in..." He looked shocked as he took the device and mask from me.
"I'm afraid so. I've allowed Bostwick to go retrieve Kellin himself, if Kellin was Ramiro I believe he wouldn't kill his own father, so it's safe. Also I felt it best for him and his family that he dealt with it how he see's fit, tell his wife he's taking him away for the weekend or something."
"I-I...I don't know what to say, I've only met Kellin once but...Bostwick must be very upset."
"Hmmm yes, understandably too, but he understands I have to do my job. While I shall keep Bostwick here, I won't make him do any questioning, given how hard it must be for him, so he'll just be supervising. I will question Hills myself too, it's going to be a long few days, I'll be keeping them both here until either one is charged, or they're both clear."
"J, but by law you..."
"I'm aware, but we're not exactly doing things by the book here anyway. We cannot play this by the book, I cannot risk releasing either until they're cleared or otherwise, please understand."
"No, I do, just...Kellin would be the last person I'd expect. I mean, I guess if we look at our profile for Ramiro, he fits it, very well, but...you know."
"Understood, let's just hope Kellin can prove to us he isn't Ramiro."
"Hang on, wouldn't we know if they where clear if the killing carry on?"
"No, as you know I suspect there may be at least another one. I don't suspect Kellin's friends anymore, I've cleared them for now, they'll be put through one last test. There will be a board cast in the college tomorrow, in fact, all around Baltimore, saying I've apprehended Ramiro. If, they are clueless, have nothing to do with Ramiro, have no idea who Ramiro is, then they're reaction will prove it, and I'll be there to watch to judge. Worsnop and Pauley will be watching Hills friends from a distance at the same time. Anyway, so no, that alone will not clear them, I know the killings will continue, but, it's going who dies. If it goes back to being just those anyone could gain access too, then I'm afraid that will point the finger closer to Hills, or Kellin. However, if more buried cases appear to die, then naturally the finger will edge away. There's other factors, such as I will be having Hills and Kellin's rooms searched top to bottom by a team I'm chosen. I have a small team of IT technicians ready to start hacking their laptops, computers, phones too while we're questioning them both...but let's take this one step at a time."
"Very well." Sykes nodded and slipped on his device with the mask before leaving the room.

I let out a long sigh and dialed a number in my phone. "Hills and Bostwick are being brought in...yes...Hills in on his way in now, Bostwick will be with us in about an hour...yes, tomorrow is fine...no they have no idea yet, shall I tell them?...very well...I trust you've worked out our location by now...excellent...I will see you tomorrow..."

Kellin's POV
"You're dad's home." Vic smiled looking away from the window.
"Really?"
"Yeah." He nodded, and just then the door opened and quickly closed again, with my fathers voice softly drifting up the stairs.
"I'm going to go say hi." I smiled and headed downstairs. "Dad!"
"Kellin...how is my son?" My dad looked beyond tired, he also looked a little...upset.
"I'm good dad." I smiled. "How is everything..."
"Kellin, I just need to speak to your mother really quick before she goes to work, do you mind waiting for me upstairs, I'd like to run something by your mother in private before I tell you, is that okay?"
"Sure." I nodded.
"Good, your father needs to work his wonders of persuasion. While you're up there, gather up some clean clothes, your toothbrush and whatnot, just in case." He smiled sweetly, I instantly got excited.
"I'm on it!" I darted back upstairs, last time my dad did something like this, we ended up going on a father/son weekend. And, I had no college next week too.

"Going away with daddy are we?" Vic chuckled.
"I think so, he just told me to gather a few bits while he 'works his wonders of persuision'."
"You know, makes me wish I had a dad who would just like, take me away somewhere."
"Well, how about, me, you, Jack and Alex plan like a little weekend away sometime? Plus you know, you can tag along too."
"I was intending on tagging along, you want me to tell Jack and Alex you're heading off for a couple days? And I like the idea of us four going off somewhere, I think I'd like that." Vic grinned.
"Nah I'll tell them, I'll text Jack once I know if we're going or not. And we'll sort a weekend away when we're back."
"Sounds good." Vic nodded

Fifteen minutes later, my mom called up the stairs saying she was heading off to work, I called back my goodbyes and I love you and waited for my dad to come up.
"So, where we going?" I asked excited as my dad walked in, but my face instantly dropped when I saw the look of pain and hurt behind his eyes.
"I-I'm s-sorry Kellin. Your mother thinks I'm taking you away for a few days, father, son trip...but..." He pulled out a blindfold and cuffs from his pocket. My eyes went wide and my heart started pounded. "I-I've been asked by J to bring you in for questioning."
"What...no...dad...you can't think I...please...dad!" I begged, tears threatening to spill, Vic's face was plastered with a look of horror. How could J suspect me? Where was the proof? Was it just because I was my fathers son? Never in my life had I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole, but now, I did. This couldn't be happening, how could...no...the guy from the...he really was J! That had to be it! But...I didn't give anything away, I didn't say anything, or do anything...no, this had to be a horrible dream.
"I-I'm sorry son, I-I don't believe it's you, but J has his reasons...please Kellin. T-The sooner we go, the sooner we can clear your name okay?"
I stood silent for a moment, I never thought it would come to this, I never thought this would actually happen, I never thought we'd be in a situation we'd have to call on our back up plans. But, on a good side, I knew J's real name, and so did Jack...Jack knew the face too...if he was smart, he could end this. "O-Okay, if it clears me I'll go."

"Baby, I'm going to tell Alex and Jack okay? We'll get you out of this, I promise." Vic touched my shoulder and kissed my cheek as my dad cuffed me. I couldn't lie, I was scared.
"D-Don't let them kill J straight away, make sure they play it carefully okay? And please don't let them hurt my father, please Vic."
"I won't, we'll be smart about this okay? J-just hold tight and don't say that word until you have too. I'll find you soon as I've spoken to them okay? I'll be able to track you."
"Okay, I love you Vic."
"I love you too baby." He kissed my cheek once more and gave me one final smile before I was blindfolded and taken down to the car by my father. At least the last thing I saw was Vic's face and smile, I just had to focus on that, and my two best friends to get me through this, I wasn't going to go down, not without a fight.

A/N: So, who has J been talking to on the phone?! And what's gonna happen now? J has Kellin...will Vic, Alex and Jack be able to clear Kellin? Will Justin end up going down while Kellin and Jack can be clear and have their happily ever after? Or will Kellin go down? And what about Jack? Hell, all I know right now is...no body is safe...