ᴘᴀʀᴛ 13

400 views. Yesterday we were celebrating 300, and now we're celebrating 400. Thank you to everybody who's been reading, like you guys have no idea. It's really motivating to know that at least someone has been reading. Funny thing, just a reminder don't skip parts. If you do, the story won't make sense. For some reason, fewer people have read certain chapters but the chapters around it have about the same views??? I'm not sure what's happening or what that means, but don't skip chapters for numerous obvious reasons. Don't forget to vote and enjoy :)

**********

Y/N Y/L/N

You pull out the luxurious dining chair sitting between Cormac McLaggen and Blaise. You take a glance around the table, matching names to faces; you recognize Harry Potter and Hermione Granger.

"You may converse before we begin dinner; I'll be right back." Professor Slughorn announces, leaving the table.

"Cormac McLaggen," The boy next to me says, immediately introducing himself.

"Y/N, Y/L/N," you respond, nodding.

"What year are you; I recognize the name."

"I'm a sixth year."

"You dated Diggory, didn't you?"

"I-, technically, no."

"So you're single?" He asks, slipping his hand onto my thigh.

"Single and happy." You reply, harshly grabbing his wrist and placing it into his lap.

"Are you sure?" He repeats, leaning in close.

"She's sure." Blaise cuts in, standing me up to switch seats.

"Thank you," you whisper into Blaise's ear. He nods in response.

Slughorn returns, and the conversation begins to die down.

"I would like to thank you all for joining me tonight; hopefully, this will be one night of many." He says, sitting down.

"Let's go around the table and introduce ourselves," He decides as house-elves pass out our appetizers. "We'll do name, year, and house."

Hermione begins, and everybody goes one by one.

"Hello, I'm Y/N, Y/L/N, I'm in year six, and my house is Slytherin." You say while sipping on the tomato soup.

Slughorn begins to enter in conversations with everybody at the table as the main course is served.

"So, Miss Granger, what exactly do your parents do in the muggle world?"

"My parents are dentists," silence emitted the room. "They attend to people's teeth."

"Fascinating, and is there to consider too dangerous profession?"

"No, although one boy Robbie Fenwick did bite my father once, he needed ten stitches." Hermione grinned as everybody else sat in confusion.

"How about you, Miss Y/L/N? How are your parents doing?"

"My parents are doing well; they still work at the ministry."

"That's wonderful, do put in a good word for me."

"Of course, professor," you respond as dessert arrives.

"We have many sixth years here; do you all know each other?"

Silence.

"How about you Y/N are you, friends, with," he looks around the table. "Perhaps Miss Granger and Mister Potter here?"