ᴘᴀʀᴛ 25

AHHHH 10k asdkjfh I'm spoiled and ily guys sm. You already knew this if you followed me, and if you don't, go follow me because you'll always be in the loop w updates and scheduling. Next week SHOULD be a normal week, do not take my word for it, though. Don't forget to vote.

Also side note it's now the new year (1997)

Bye, I'm scared.

**********

Y/N Y/L/N

"Y/N, I love you."

"What?" You ask in disbelief.

"I said I love you," Draco repeats. "Remember you said you'd love whoever boug-"

"No, you're lying," You say, cutting him off, unable to wrap your head around the fact that this is happening.

"Y/N, I love you, be my girlfriend."

"I- no,- I-, Draco, I can't no I just-"

"Give me one good reason." He says impatiently, running his fingers through his hair.

"I love you too much," you reply with complete sincerity.

It's true Draco.

I promise. 

You'd been Draco's best friend since you could remember, and he's been yours. You couldn't think of a world where he wouldn't be there. Dating him would taken too many chances, chances you don't have. Even though you couldn't ignore the little whisper in the back of your head that persuaded you to say yes, you didn't want to face the consequences when it'd all crumble apart. 

"Bullshit," he shouts, making you jump while pounding his fist against the wall.

"I do, Draco, I do." You whimper hopelessly, taking his hands and holding them in yours. "Draco, every time we get in a fight, when we don't speak to each other, it kills me. If we broke up-"

"We wouldn't break up," he says, pulling his hands away so fast his ring stings against your skin.

How can you be sure?

Don't make empty promises just to induce me Draco.

"If we broke up, we'd never speak again." You continue, trying to be reasonable. "I can't risk losing you."

"You wouldn't risk anything," he grumbles strongly. "There's nothing to risk."

"To love is to risk," you reply. You press your lips together, knowing what will come out will only make things worse, but it was worth a try. "Can't we just stay the way we are, as friends?"

You watch feeling your chest tighten as Draco's expression quickly changes. His jaw clenches and his eye narrow. His pained look was enough to wished you'd never said it. 

"When I say something like this to someone I love so much, it means it's worth never seeing them again." He says bitterly, every word slicing your heart into millions of little pieces.

The both of you stand in the bathroom waiting in silence, Draco sighs before stuffing his hand in his pocket, and you blink back tears of hurt.

"Here this if for you, do whatever you want with it, just don't- don't give it back to me." He hands you a small black velvet box that came from his pocket.

He turns and walks away without looking back.

"Don't leave, please don't leave," you whisper, holding the tiny velvet case tightly within in your fingers, regretting everything.