ᴘᴀʀᴛ 23

This took so long to write because it is long. I would like to thank you all for the reads, the votes, and the follows. I am considering creating a new cover for the story, so PLEASE comment with any ideas or suggestions. Enjoy the part, and don't forget to vote :)

**********

Y/N Y/L/N

"Miss Y/L/N, could you stay for a moment, please," Professor Slughorn asks at the end of class, as you begin to take your leave.

Per his request, you stay and walk over to his desk.

"This is for you," he says, handing you a red envelope with your name scribbled on one side.

Confused, you nod as you take the envelope from his hands, "Uh, thank you, professor...?"

You run to the Great Hall tightly gripping the red envelope in hand.

"Guys, look, Slughorn handed me this at the end of class today," you exclaim as you take your seat next to Pansy.

"I got one of those. It's for Slughorn's Christmas Party," Blaise responds from across the table.

"Thanks for ruining the surprise," you retort, rolling your eyes.

Blaise shrugs, and everybody watches as you carefully pull apart the opening, being careful not to tear the envelope.

"Just open it, merlin Y/N," Pansy complains before snatching the envelope and ripping it open. You look back at her in defeat.

"You are so impatient," you say while taking back the envelope and pulling out an invitation card. You take a deep breath before reading the message aloud,

Miss Y/L/N,

I, Professor Slughorn, cordially invite you to my Christmas Party. It will be held at 7:00 PM and on Friday the 20th, the night before the Christmas Ball. You are invited to bring an additional guest if you choose. The event is semi-formal, so dress accordingly.

I hope to see you then,

Professor Slughorn

"Are you going to go?" Pansy asks, peeking over your shoulder, trying to get a good look at the card.

"Are you going, Blaise?" You ask, your decision depended on his.

"Yeah, I invited Luna to come with me." He replies while sipping on his water.

"Then I guess I'll go," you decide as you fold the invitation and put it in your pocket. "Want to go with me?"

"No can do. I'm going to be with Adrian on the 20th. We have a date." Pansy says, grinning, looking dreamily at her boyfriend. "You could ask Tracey."

"I don't know. We aren't that close." You whisper, making sure Terence can't hear you.

You take a moment to ponder over who to bring. Adrian would be with Pansy, but you wouldn't have invited him anyway. Especially after his incident with Daphne. Pansy may have forgiven him, but you still hadn't. Blaise was already invited, and you were sure Terence already had plans with Tracey. That left only one option, Draco.

You stare at Draco, who's seated in front of you. You watch intently as he carefully separates the peas from his food onto a napkin.

"Draco, will you go to the party with me?" You ask while continuing to stare at his strange idiosyncrasy.

"Say it again," he replies, smirking. "But this time, use the magic word."

You raise your brow, confused by what he means, but then you quickly understand. You let out a huff before you try again.