ᴘᴀʀᴛ 40

Part 40 already what the actual fuck. This bitch is going to be long, as in story rip. We're getting so close to halfway. Typing that out did not feel promising. Unrelated, but I'm so excited (if I write another story) for my next story because I've already written out the entire plot

Anyway, go vote and enjoy :)

Disclaimer: Smut

**********

Y/N Y/L/N

"You're still here?" You ask Pansy as you enter your dorm, grabbing the things you need to study.

"Today's my free day," she replies from her bed, lying on her side.

"Are you still in your pajamas?" You notice her green Slytherin hoodie, the same one she'd been for the past couple of days. "Have you even gotten out of bed?"

"If I'm not leaving this room, I'm not changing," she mumbles, pulling the strings of her hoodie, her black hair peeks out.

She slouches deeper into her bed and plays with her knife. As you grab your books, stuffing them in your bag, the sounds of slicing through air plays in the background.

"Where's the cassette player?" Pansy mutters from under her hoodie.

"In there," you point to the first drawer of your nightstand.

"Too far," she grumbles, flipping back onto her side, kicking off her covers. "Where are you going?"

"The library to study with Tracey," you reply, sitting beside her on her bed. "Do you want to come?"

"Fuck NEWTs," she huffs.

"Pansy, are you ok?"

She responds with silence. The only noise emitting from her is the whipping of air from her pocket knife.

"Pansy," you try again, lightly tugging at the hood of her hoodie. "Are you ok?"

You hear her knife click, meaning it's been closed. She doesn't budge as she replies, "I'm fine. I'm just, really, tired, and I have a headache." Her response isn't convincing, as each word only justifies her lies even more.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" you assure her, biting your cheek. "If it has to do with Adr-"

"It doesn't have to do with Adrian," she snaps, you blink taken aback. "I'm just getting those...nightmares again."

"The-" you start, the word rolling off your tongue, slowly.

"Yeah, those ones," she cuts in. Her voice is hoarse and small. "I just want to be alone right now."

"Ok, take your time," you place your hand on her shoulder, but she shrugs it off. You set your hand back on your lap. "Tracey and I will be in the library if you need us, 'kay?"

With no reply, you press your lips together and push off of her bed. Before leaving the dorm, you give Pansy one last look.

She just looks so sad.

Pansy Parkinson

The door clicks, shutting behind Y/N. Once I'm sure I can't hear her footsteps, I sit up straight. I grab my pillow from behind me, balancing it on my knees. Lying my head on my pillow, I stare out the windows, the green-tinted shadows dance on the black wooden planks on my dorm. The water of the Black Lake gently flows, tiny waves crashing against the very top of the windows.