ᴘᴀʀᴛ 62

VOTE.

mwah ly <333

**********

Blaise Zabini

I lean awkwardly against the hall that leads to the bridge to the Ravenclaw Tower. Though my hands are tucked away in my pockets, I keep fidgeting. When I hear the off-beat skipping from afar, I stand up straight, feeling my shoulders drop as I do.

Luna pops out from behind the corner, her wavy blonde hair bouncing as she skips. When she sees me, her permanent smile only grows. I stiffen when she runs up to me, throwing her arms around my neck, snuggling her face into my chest. The whiff of her usual flower-infused scent throws me off guard, and I relax for the briefest second.

Luna's scent reminds me of when I first smelled amortentia. It was her, Luna. I didn't say anything at the time. I knew that Draco would tease me. When he asked, I said I didn't smell a thing. Ever since that day, I saw her everywhere I went. From afar, sometimes, I'd see her doing something that'd make me smile.

I remember when I asked her to the Christmas Ball last year, she was taken by surprise but grinned nevertheless. She always smiles, even if it's a time when you're not supposed to. I love Luna. I love how she's like a breeze in my life, blowing away everything I want to forget. When I'm with Luna, she's the sun. She always shines.

I'll never forget the look on Draco's face when I walked with Luna.

I think it's one of my favorite memories with him.

"Blaise!" Luna exclaims, taking my hand in hers. I slink back, feeling a poison spread around my skin. 

"Hi, love," I swallow, swinging our arms to try and rid the venomous feeling.

"It smells like waffles," Luna giggles, closing her eyes and inhaling the sweet air as we pass the kitchens. Luna's leading the way. I have no idea where we're going. The chances of us ending up where we should are slim.

When Luna turns to look at me for a response and is left without one, her face fills with worry. She still smiles thought, a smaller one, "Is something wrong?" Her voice is angelic, but it slices through my throat, making it difficult to breathe.

"I'm leaving school early. I got a letter from my mum," I reply, the words stagger when I speak.

"Why?" Her smile-planted face slowly fades.

"I'm not sure it didn't say why but-" I inhale, slowly letting go of Luna's hand. "Luna, I think we should break up."

The words sound so much harsher out loud compared to in my head. Luna no longer smiles, making the air around us feel colder.

"Did I do something wrong?" Her voice is unstable and quiet, but she looks straight into my eyes. Even when I try and avoid her eye contact to save myself from the shame, she finds me.

"I just have a, really, bad feeling about...leaving..." the writing from the letter I received haunts me. It wasn't what I expected when I ripped the seal. An eerie whisper lingered in the black ink. It was too curt, had too little detail, with zero explanation. "I don't think it's safe to...to stay with me."

"I don't mind," she whispers, unconsciously reaching for my hand. When she does, I tuck my hand in my back pocket.

"Luna, I don't know why I'm leaving, and if something happens- if they know that we're together...then-" I don't know where I'm going. I have a good feeling, though. A big possibility that I can't brush off. An idea of what will happen. "-you'll be the first to go."