- chapter 17 • only because he was high -

A week has gone by. A week of sobbing, blood, screaming, pain.

The police found Bokuto bleeding out from his stomach, more on the left side of his waist. The other guy.. dead. He shot himself after shooting Bokuto, it was too much to handle.

Akaashi on the other hand, traumatized. Hearing the gun shots and screams coming from a tiny device poked at something in his heart, now those sound would be imbedded into his mind, forever.

~

Another week had gone by since the incident, Bokuto has been in the hospital. Akaashi has been questioned multiple times, same answer, "Glasses.."

Those words were some of the only words he spoke at this time. Luckily he had Kenma and Kuroo for support. Kuroo made him eat most of the time, while Kenma played a lot of video games trying to distracted Akaashi.

Akaashi has been in shock for almost two weeks. He doesn't know what to say or do at this point, only thing he thinks of is that it was his fault for Bokuto being in the hospital.

~

"We're going to go visit him Akaashi. Okay?" Kuroo pats his back. Akaashi just sits there on his phone, still wearing the pink sweater from that day.

"Akaashi.. you smell.." Kenma sits at the chair in front of him.

"Thanks.." Akaashi whispers under his breath.

Kuroo straightens his back and puts his hands on his waist. "Let's get going then.." He slowly says. Both of the guys shift out of their chairs and follow the taller guy.

As Kuroo was driving, Kenma sat and played a game on his phone. Akaashi sat in the back looking at pictures of Bokuto on his phone, was this really what he did now?

~

Arriving at the hospital, they checked in and sat in the waiting room. After a bit they were accepted to go and meet with Bokuto in room 37, 5th floor.

Riding the elevator was slow and annoying to Akaashi, hearing the low music gave him anxiety.

After arriving on the fifth floor they walked out and made their way towards the room Bokuto was in. They made it to the door and stopped.

"Should we all go in together..?" Kuroo questioned.

"You two go in first.." Akaashi slightly nodded and shifted towards the wall and leaned on it.

"Okay.." Kenma mumbled and followed Kuroo into the room.

Akaashi could hear the excitement from the hospital room. The voices were loud, Kuroo's and Bokuto's. At least he was awake. Akaashi slid down the wall, tears poured out of his eyes.

"Why do I have to cry at the worst moments?" Akaashi sulked to himself.

After twenty minutes the two guys came out and gestured Akaashi to go in.

"Do.. I have to?" Akaashi mumbled.

"Yes. He dying to see you.." Kuroo put his hand on his waist. "Now go." He pointed at the door.

Akaashi got up and placed his hand on the door handle. He breathed for a second and pushed the door open. It smelt like Bokuto in the hospital room.

Akaashi walked in with his head down, staring at the tile floor. He slid over to the bed and sat in the chair next to it. They sat there in silence for a couple of minutes.

"I'm sorry.." Bokuto clenched the sheets. "It was stupid of me to go.. I just wanted to get the glasses for you and stuff.. and.." He rambled on.

"Bokuto-san.. you're rambling again.." Akaashi slightly said.