- chapter 3 • emotions -

The car engine was loud as the two-toned haired boy and the raven haired boy were in the car listening to music.

They were heading to the volleyball game that was held tonight and their college.

They were listening to the song "Mrs. Magic by Strawberry Guy." As it's car volume was low the two boys sat there in silence.

"So.. I painted something new." Akaashi broke the silence.

"Oh cool.." Kenma mumbled as his eyes were directly on the road.

"Mhm.." Akaashi pushed his head back more into the seat.

Once they arrived in the parking lot by the big gym they got out and started their way towards the entrance.

They each payed for their tickets and made their way to the entrance. They could hear the screeching on the shoes on the hard wood floors, and the spikes that echoed the gym as they got closer.

When Kenma opened the door it was like a new air pushed on Akaashi. Taking in the whole gym and what's going on.

"Let's sit in the front row.." Kenma mumbled. Akaashi couldn't hear him that much but followed him anyways.

They sat about two rows from all the players bags and waters. They had at least three minutes until it started.

They just sat there, Kenma playing this new game he bought. Now the announcers were starting to announce the players one by one.

"Koshi Sugawara."

"Morisuke Yaku."

The announcements kept going but Akaashi didn't care much about what their names were. Until the last name was called.

"Testurō Kuroo." Kenma's eyes lit up when he heard the name, Akaashi laughed a bit.

"And last Kōtarō Bokuto!" Akaashi froze it was like time stopped and the color leaked out of the world. People were cheering and screamed but all Akaashi could focus on the boy with his golden eyes.

Akaashi snapped back when the team started to warm for the game.

Once the other teams players were called out the teams started to set up for the first set of the game.

Bokuto was a starter. He was a wing spiker, pretty much the ace.

The whistle blew and Bokuto's team served. It was a very high jump serve, Akaashi's face lit up at the jump serve. It was amazing to him.

Kenma slightly shoved Akaashi.

"Hm?" Akaashi whispered back still watching the fast game plays of the team.

"Nothin.." Kenma sighed clearly noticing how much Akaashi was into the game play.

Akaashi was confused on how much he liked watching volleyball. He was never really into sports when he was growing up. But once he watched this game, watching the volleyball fly up into the air and being spiked down, it was amazing.

He watching intensely, not on everyone, just one person. Bokuto. He couldn't keep his eyes off the muscular boy with spiky gray and black hair.

~

Once the game ended, Akaashi's college won the last set which won the whole game.

Everyone was cheering and throwing their hands up to the victory of their team.

Kenma was smiling wide. Akaashi was amazed of how big Kenma could smile, so Akaashi smiled.

Akaashi nudged Kenma, "May I meet this friend of yours?" He smirked.