- chapter 13 • sunrise -

Bokuto slid his feet across the wet grass. It was midnight and he was out in the middle of nowhere, specifically at a park in the middle of nowhere.

He sighed and saw the warm breath escape his mouth.

He stopped and breathed in deeply, cleaning out his lungs. The cold air cycled through this body, then letting it out.

He took a step once more, shivers when up his back. It was cold and the water on the grass made its way to his ankles. He ignored that and kept walking towards the middle of the field.

This field. This field was where it all started, this galaxy of colors above them beckoning down at them.

Bokuto stood there with his head up to the sky, it was dark with some stars that speckled the night. The moon had a crescent shape to it.

"Do you hate me..?" Bokuto whispered, "I mean.. my whole life has been cracking." He shuffled in his spot.

"But honestly.. it's worth it! If my life has crack for him.. it will be worth every tear drop, blood drop." Bokuto raised his voice. "But please.. help piece his life back together! I've tried and tried so many damn times!" Bokuto's voice was now louder, releasing all his emotions.. not caring if he cussed anymore.

"Honestly.. I fucking hate life! But when I met him.. his damn self.. right when I met him it was like.. I could breath again! But he couldn't breathe, it's like I was taking his breath away!" Bokuto screamed, tears ran down his face.
"But I have one request.. please let his life be at the fullest during college! I have about two years until I graduate.. I want that time to be amazing!" Bokuto smiled weakly.

Bokuto sat down on the cold grass. He looked at the night sky, color was coming through.

All of a sudden there was a black shadow moving around by the playground. Bokuto's head went on alert and stared at the black shadow.

Bokuto stared at it while it shuffled there. The shadow moved towards more into the light from the moon. Their foot stepped more into the light, his whole body came through.

"A-Akaashi..?" Bokuto was stunned.

"I'm sorry.." Akaashi stood there, now it view. He walked over and sat next to Bokuto. Bokuto stared at him in shock while Akaashi's eyes were fixed on the dark sky.

"Don't apologize.." Bokuto smiled as he turned his head to look at the sky with him.

They sat next to each other for a couple minutes, their shoulders almost touched a couple times.

"Bokut-san.. did you mean that?" Akaashi whispered.

"I did.." Bokuto smiled.

"But.. you don't know m-"

"Stop! Please don't say that.. I don't care if I don't know you that well. Maybe if I only knew you for a couple of minutes I would care about you! Just please stop saying that.." Bokuto turned his head towards the raven haired boy, tears streamed down his face. Akaashi bit his lip.

"Your going to make me cry Bokuto-san.." Akaashi laughed.

"Then cry with me.." Bokuto said while slightly giggling.

For the next hour they sat there looking at the dark sky above. Small conversations came along during this time. More stars started to come out in the sky, they shined brightly.

"Akaashi.." Bokuto trailed off.

"Yes.." Akaashi answered back.

"Please don't ignore me anymore.." Bokuto whispered out, more streams came down both of their faces.

"I-I won't anymore.. promise.." Akaashi smiled as he lifted his pinky finger up. "Pinky promise..?"

Bokuto looked at him and smiled, "Pinky promise.." He latched their fingers together.

Some time later they still sat there looking at the sky, for hours they talked. They have sat for so long the sky started to lighten up the tiniest of bit.

Bokuto gasped, "Akaashi! We've been out here for a long time! We need to go watch the sun rise now!"

"Sure Bokuto-san.." Akaashi smiled.

They both got up and ran to the car, they started their way to the beach to watch the bright sun come up, leaving Akaashi's car behind.

When they got there Bokuto ran out of the car and stumbled onto the beach.

"We're here!" Bokuto screamed, his smile was wide. Akaashi chuckled a bit slamming the car door.

Bokuto peeled his shoes off and his socks and threw them to the side. Akaashi did the same except he set them down neatly.

"Finally Akaashi.. We can watch the sun rise together!" Bokuto smiled at Akaashi who was next to him.

"I'm glad.." Akaashi smiled back at him.

"We can start a new day together!" Bokuto yelled.

Akaashi giggled knowing it was already past midnight, it was already the next day. But he let Bokuto have that one.

The sky brightened up with oranges and yellows. It was beautiful, the sea glistened with it. Akaashi got closed to Bokuto and set his head on his shoulder. Bokuto looked at him shocked. Then he lifted up his hand and patted him on the head.

Akaashi shuffled his hand around and grasped Bokuto's. Their hands were about the same size, but Bokuto's were a bit larger. Their hands were latched together, watching the sunrise.

The sun was half way up. In front of them were oranges and yellows, behind them were dark blues.

"It's really pretty, huh?" Bokuto said leaning into Akaashi more.

"Mhm.." Akaashi said snuggling more into his shoulder.

They stood there watching the sun rise over them.

"Bokuto-san.." Akaashi whispered.

"Hm..?"

"If.. I were to say I love you.." Akaashi choked out, "What would you say back..?"

Bokuto stood there, no movement came from him. It took him a couple seconds to respond.

"Well.. I would say.." Bokuto looked more up at the sky. The words flowed out like a river.

They both stood there taking in each others warmth. The sun was brightening up the sky, but wouldn't take away the coldness of the air.

•••

a/n: it was a little of a short chapter, but hope you enjoyed!

also, after a couple of these chapters it's going to get bumpy! So buckle up..! I mean seriously strap some duck tape around you or something 😃😓