- chapter 5 • ice cream -

As the four boys walked around town, it was like only one cloud hung over the raven hair's head.

It was a sunny day that day. The sun was beaming with joy and lightening up the city.

They've been walking around town, occasionally stopping at a shop and buying something, not that often because they were college kids. They were cracking jokes and having fun. But Akaashi's face stayed the same, the same expression. His eyes were dead and fully sucked out of life.

He walked with his hands in his pockets. Kenma was on his right and Bokuto was on his left. Kuroo was next to Kenma.

They all tried to lighten the mood at they strolled down the town. All of them were worried, especially Kenma.

Kenma knew the most about Akaashi, he knew him the longest. The other two boys have only know him for about a day.

Kenma had a worried look on his face as he watched the boy next to him just stare at the floor while he was walked, following their footsteps.

Kenma really didn't know how to express that much emotion. Kuroo noticed this so he stretched out his arm around the two-toned haired boy's neck, pulling him slightly closer to him. Kenma accepted and leaned his head on the boys arm.

It was silent as they walked. No one really knew what to say, they didn't want to bring up what happened because no one wanted to talk about him crying.

Akaashi felt like he was going to collapse. His legs ached, he was light-headed. He didn't even remember the last time he ate. The sun didn't make it any better beating on his skin making him sweat continuously.

He couldn't collapse there in the middle of town in front of people. He didn't want to seem weak.

As he held in the pain, screaming to come out. Bokuto slightly sounded a hum and then asked,

"Ice cream anyone?" He looked over at the other three boys.

"Yea!" Kuroo agreed. Kenma nodded while Akaashi focused on the floor still dealing with the throbbing pain.

They arrived at the mini ice cream shop. Nobody was really there, it was very empty. That meant they had all the time to choose what flavor they wanted.

Kenma chose vanilla. Kuroo chose strawberry. While Bokuto decided to ask for all the flavors mixed in one.

"Dude. Your a genius!" Kuroo laughed as he shoved Bokuto playfully.

Kenma just stared in disgust, then started to laugh along with the boys.

Akaashi didn't really know what to do. He really just wished he was painting right now, he desperately wanted to fall out of reality. As he day dreamed about painting a sky full of colors and mountains that were covered in fluffy snow, someone slightly nudged him.

"Hey, Akaashi? You doing all right?" Bokuto asked as he noticed Akaashi spaced out.

'Am I doing all right? What kind of question is that? Oh yea I'm doing perfectly fine!" Akaashi thought as his head throbbed.

"I'm fine Bokuto-san.." Akaashi lifted his head and warmly smiled, his eyes were squinted slightly.

"What flavor do you want? You still haven't decided.." Bokuto stood there looking the same direction Akaashi was looking.

"I don't know.." Akaashi said with a daze. He feels like he's just gonna pass out. He stumbles a little catching himself from loosing touch with consciousness.

He closed his eyes and breathed in and out. He looked back up with his dazed eyes. All of them were looking at the boy.

"Akaashi.. you doing alright?" Kenma asked as he looked at Akaashi with sorrowful eyes.