- chapter 24 • stuck in my own riptide -

"I'm sorry sir there's nothing we can do.. we will have to pronounce him dead."

"No! You can't say that! He's not dead.. he'll never die for that reason! We still haven't found him yet.." Bokuto said while getting pulled away.

~

Four months, four months since Akaashi Keiji has gone missing. Two days since he was pronounced dead, reason, unknown.

~

"He'll never be dead.. we haven't found him yet!" Bokuto laid in bed, Kuroo sat at the edge away from him.

"All of this is bullshit." Kuroo stared at the ground.

"We haven't found him! They can't do that!" He sat up. "They can't.."

"They.. uh.. can." A small voice choked out on the other side of the room.

Bokuto looked over there to find Kenma sitting on the other bed.

"Shut the fuck up Kenma! You don't even know.. you didn't even check on him at all!" Bokuto stood up.

"You can say the same for yourself." Kenma sneered out. Bokuto got mad and tried to tackle him.

"Bokuto! What the fuck?!" Kuroo held him back. "Get the fuck away from him!" Kuroo threw him to the floor.

"Bitch." Bokuto huffed out and scrambled up.

"Get out. Set your mind straight man." Kuroo glared at him.

"I'll gladly get out." Bokuto smiled and slammed the door behind him, stomping away.

Kuroo sighed and looked back at Kenma, "He's being a little bitch today.." He laughed a bit. Kenma blinked and pulled his legs up to his chest. Putting his head down into his knees, a tear came out.

"I would be too.." Kenma said muffled.

"What was that kitten?" Kuroo asked, he slid onto the bed and wrapped his arms around him.

"I would be mad if.. you know.." He choked out.

"Oh.." Kuroo nudged into him a bit more.

They both sat there, Kuroo's arms wrapped around Kenma's body. Kenma cried into his knees, Kuroo without the knowledge he was.

Ten minutes passed.

"Kuro.." Kenma weeped silently.

"Mhm..?" Kuroo hummed back, his head was on Kenma's head.

"W-Why didn't I check on him..?" Kenma cried louder.

"What are you talking about?" Kuroo perked up.

Kenma lifted his face, showing the tears fall down his face, snot came out of his nose. "I didn't even care to check on h-him.." He hiccuped. "If I did.. just once.. maybe none of this would have happened. He just needed someone." Kenma cried.

"Oh.. kitten.." Kuroo's eyes filled with tears, "I know.." Kuroo pulled the pudding-haired boys' head into his chest.

Kenma weakly cried into his chest, weeping about the friend he dearly missed.

~

Bokuto fell onto his bed, angry steams came off of him. He laid on his stomach for hours, his eyes were puffy, how could they just say that?

Everything is breaking me, I don't know how to handle this. I need him. Bokuto cried to himself, drowning in his mind.

~