- chapter 30 • epilogue -

We all hate heart breaks, we hate everything to do with them. Anything related to the person you love, loved, leaved a knot in your stomach. Especially when they took their own life and you couldn't do anything.

Birthdays were suppose to be special, suppose to be happy, to be spent with friends and family. His was only about death, spent with himself and the water. Just one little step and it could end it all, every memory they had as one. Maybe they could've grown old together, but their stories were two completely different ones. His was mixed into the other's, ruining both storylines.

After the coldness spread through his body, he felt warmth. Not the kind of warmth you feel from the sun, the kind of joy. He was finally free of the wretched world he lived in, and no one would know until the person he loved listened to his farewell.

The only song played was the one he sent before jumping off into the icy river, that song beckoned the people he loved. He told him to listen to the lyrics carefully, as was told, he did. Each lyrics broke his heart more, ripping it into small pieces that were eaten by the darkness.

Maybe, just maybe if he got to his phone quicker, nothing like this could have happened. He just wanted to share one more song back to him, respond with a song so he wouldn't leave this world.

Home, by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros.

Akaashi was Bokuto's home, home was wherever Akaashi was. But the home he desired was smashed into pieces, the apple he craved was already eaten by the abyss in their minds. The monster ate the person he cared for the most, gobbling every last bit of hope. Only thing he had was the song and the paintings Akaashi had.

Hanging up on the wall was the dark blue painting he had painted a couple years ago, still Bokuto's favorite out of all of them. Loving that painting was the only thing he did through out his life, except for listening to music and taking care of his painting class. He never learned to paint as well, but watching children progress and make beautiful art lit his eyes up once more, how they used to be.

Living out his life with the love of paint, finally accepting what happened.

Paint was the only thing keeping him on the ground, stabilizing him, lighting his life up once again. Making his eyes fill with joy, same as tears filled. Paint, the apple of his eye.

Akaashi, the star that lit up his life, showing him the wonderful happiness of the world.

•••

a/n: Endings always make me sad, the finally thing to add to this rollercoaster. If you made it this far, thank you. If you stayed with me for the journey, I appreciate it!

Love you all! Stay tuned for the next fanfic in the making :)

Shout out to-
fairyphee
pi3rr0tgray
-SIOCORE
For supporting me through it, and reading it! I literally love you guys and would keep loving you til I die :)

P.S. - go check the first two story's out! They're amazing :)