- chapter 28 • snow falls -

tw: suicide talk!

Every story comes to an end, maybe his was just too long. His story had to end quicker, his was too boring.

The worst things have to come when you're not around. Maybe if Bokuto had his phone on him, nothing would have happened.

~

It was a week until Akaashi Keiji's birthday, a week until everything will stop. December fourth, snow will fall that day. Snow made out of tears that will beckon the world for eternity.

At least one thing helped slow down the process, the song he sent, it was too heart wrenching.

~

November 30th, 20xx

Bokuto sat at the kitchen counter scrolling on his phone. He sat around that counter for days on end, just sitting there, either on his phone or staring off into oblivion.

A loud thug came from his right, quickly jerking his head, he found Kuroo placing a tray of coffee next to him.

"For you, my good friend!" Kuroo pulled a coffee out and set it next to Bokuto.

"Why thank you Kuroo.." He smiled slightly, sipping the coffee he gagged a bit due to the heat. "God damn, why do you always get coffee extra hot?" He gasped a bit.

"You know, I have no idea." Kuroo chuckled a bit. He pulled a coffee out and chugged it, like the other, he gagged and spit some out. "Maybe you're right.. I should stop.." He laughed a bit while wiping the residue off his lips.

Bokuto let out a small laugh, sipping the coffee slightly so he doesn't burn his tongue. Years ago he knew he would have chugged the coffee, burning his tongue in the process. But he wasn't that person anymore, he's learned more about the world around him, and how cruel it could be.

"Hey Kuroo," Bokuto quietly said.

"Hm?" Kuroo raised an eyebrow, setting down his coffee he bluntly said, "Shoot!"

Bokuto hesitated a bit, he slightly tapped the seat next to him to signal for Kuroo to sit next to him. Kuroo stumbled over a bit and slid onto the chair, he put his elbows on the counter, holding his face up.

"I have something's to say.. and maybe some questions.." Bokuto played with the coffee cup that was half empty.

"Like I said, go for it!" Kuroo smiled a bit. He didn't look at Bokuto, instead he just stared off into the same space he was looking at.

"It's almost Keiji's birthday.." Bokuto played with his fingers.

Kuroo sat there for a minute, "So..?"

"I don't know..!" Bokuto whined, lowering his head onto the table.

"You want to do something don't you..?" Kuroo sighed. "But I told you before.. he-"

"I know." Bokuto cut him off, "You say that every fucking time Kuroo, every time I bring him up." He glared at him.

Kuroo grunted in response.

"I just want to do something nice for his birthday, anything, you know?" Bokuto sighed, his voice was groggily.

"Sure.." Kuroo sat up straight, "I don't want you to get hurt, it's taken such a toll on you Bo.."

"Can you stop worrying?" Bokuto sternly said, "It's getting annoying." He stood up loudly and walked out, "You can't stop me Kuroo, I'm doing something for him."

Kuroo watched him stumble out of the small kitchen, down the narrow hallway.

~

"It's almost my birthday.." The boy slumped down on the metal bench. "I don't believe it." He sighed.