- chapter 6 • why do you care? -

As Akaashi slowly woke he felt a feeling of pain rush over his head. Not to mention the throbbing pain through his whole body.

He slowly opened his eyes, they were blurry. As he adjusted his eyes he realized he was in a hospital bed.

With panic his eyes widened and his breath was shaky. He looked around in terror.

Why was he here? How did he get here?

As his heart rate was going up, the heart monitor beeping started to slowly increase.

Akaashi was panicking, he grabbed his head, pulling his hair. His head throbbed in pain, it was horrible.

As the boy was sitting up clutching his head, panicking. Someone opened the door and walked in. Akaashi's head was lowered as he squished his head in between his hands.

"You're awake..!" A low voice said. Akaashi looked up, terror was written all over his face. "Akaashi..?"

Kenma walked over to the hospital bed. "How are you feeling..?" He said worried.

Akaashi tried to mouth his words but they would come out he was breathing so hard. His heart rate was going very fast at this point.

"Akaashi calm down!" Kenma said worried as he pushed his bleached hair behind his ear. Akaashi shook his head telling he couldn't calm down.

"Akaashi.. please calm down. Your scaring me.." Kenma said. Kenma was worried to death about his friend. He never would want anything to happen to his friend, never in a million years.

Akaashi looked up at Kenma, a single tear rolled down the pudding hair's face.

Akaashi's eyes widened, "I... I'm s-sorry."

Kenma wiped his own tear that fell down his face, not wanting anyone to see a tear down his face. Now Akaashi's face had tears stream down his face.

"Don't cry!" Kenma laughed. Akaashi started to laugh to, it hurt but he tried. He always felt safe when he was with Kenma, he was glad he had Kenma as a friend.

"I know it's late.. but I was just checking in. I was worried, you know?" Kenma mumbled.

Akaashi smiled of how affectionate his friend was being, "Thank you, Kenma.." A question came around Akaashi's thoughts.

"Where's.. Bokuto-san?" He mumbled.

"He's actually right outside the door.." Kenma pointed. "Do you want to see him..?"

Akaashi slowly shook his head. He didn't know why he wanted to see Bokuto, maybe just apologize and thank him.

Kenma walked out to get the owl boy. As he walked out the two boys stared at him.

"Is he awake?" Bokuto asked quickly as he stood up from leaning against the wall.

"Yea..!" Kenma slightly smiled. "He wanted to see Bokuto.."

"What?! Not me..?" Kuroo gasped. Bokuto stuck out his tongue as he opened the door and slipped in.

"Oh well.. come here kitten." He stretched out his arms for Kenma to come and hug him back. Kenma huffed and walked into Kuroo's arms.

Kenma was squished against his chest. "I was so worried about him.." Kenma whispered. He started to cry into Kuroo's chest. Kuroo hugged him tighter.

"I know kitten.." He said in a soft tone. As they leaned back and forth, Kenma cried into Kuroo's shoulder.

~

"Hey hey hey.. Akaashi!" Bokuto said loudly but not loud at the same time.

Akaashi looked up, "Hi.. Bokuto-san.."