- chapter 29 • happy birthday, keiji -

tw: suicide mentioning; blood

Tonight was the night, it will end. The snow will fall overhead, making the ground white.

Maybe if Bokuto had his phone on him, nothing would have happened. Or maybe having his phone on him would have worsened the situation. 

~

"Hey hey! Bo!" Kuroo barged through the door with balloons surrounding him. "Look what I got!" He squealed, pointing at the balloons.

Bokuto looked up from his phone, "Damn Kuroo, that's a hell of a lot of balloons.." He raised an eyebrow.

"Be grateful!" Kuroo pouted and let go of the strings attached to the balloons, letting them spread out and float on the ceiling.

"Oh, I am!" Bokuto had a small smile spread across his face.

"Well.. I'm excited for tonight!" Kuroo smiled a bit, he waved and left down the hallway. "Watch the balloons, will you?" He opened his bedroom door and slipped in.

Slight screeching was heard from the room, Kuroo had probably walked in on Kenma. He's always suppose to ask to come it, this time he just walked in.

Bokuto chuckled and went back to his phone. He was scrolling through his phones once again, only looking at the person he loved. All of the photos they took together, the one photo that came up in his memories.

A photo of both of them at the café, Akaashi had his small birthday hat on, clearly embarrassed. Two years ago, they spent Akaashi's birthday together. Oh, how he wished it was like that again. But he knew they're relationship would never be the same if he came back.

He smiled while he scrolled through the pictures of Akaashi, the ones where they were messing around were fun. The ones before the accident were the best, they both looked so lively, what would they say now? Both of them had eye bags, horrible eating habits and their happiness was drained.

Each swipe he took, the more his finger felt heavy to swipe once more. It was tiring, his eyes drooped a bit. He gave in and fell asleep, sleeping on the couch with his phone in his hand. The phone was on with only one picture on the screen, a picture of Akaashi painting at his easel. He was messy and blue paint was on his face, smeared across his cheeks. His smile was bright, bright enough to light up the whole room. He looked so happy, the painting was beautiful in the background. This was his favorite photo on his phone, definitely.

One tear slowly fell down his faded face, smiling at the photo that lingered in his mind.

~

It was windy out one again, the snow falling lightly onto the cold ground. He stood on the wide bridge, looking up the frozen river that called his name.

"Cold.. isn't it?" He stood there talking to himself, his hands deep in his pockets, searching for warmth.

If it was time to go, why did he feel a heavy weight pulling his feet down? Pulling his feet to stay on the ground and never jump off the cold bridge. But the water was beckoning his mind, screaming his name for him to splash into the freezing waters.

"You want this Keiji." Akaashi whispered to himself, his breathing started to pick up. He quickly turned around and sat down against the railing. "You want this.."

Single tears fell from his cold eyes, warming his cheeks up. Lifting his hands up to ruffle his hair, he looked up at the sky. Small snowflakes illuminated around him, the moon shone in his dark eyes.

Small sobs came from his mouth, tears fell, "I don't want to do this.." He sobbed.

You do.