Chapter 40 : Damini (The Lightening Lady)

"Rani saheb

"Rani saheb...aap nahi aarahi?"
"Queen...aren't you coming?" Payal asked, as Khushi opted to relax under this tree, for some time.

"Nahi Rajkumari! Hum yahan kuch der baithna chahte hain!"
"No Princess! I want to sit here for some time!" Khushi answered.

It had been four days in a row when she was attending her war-skill classes...

Arnav wasn't back yet.

Their assessment was due next month, and Khushi was also tensed about it.

She needed to practice regularly from now on!

All engrossed in her thoughts, she made herself comfortable on the rock bench, running her fingers over her temple.

Her head was aching! Might be from the stress since last few days, and then she had skipped her meals too.

Maybe that's why her headache and uneasiness was growing more.

"Aap gayin nahi wapas!"
"You didn't go back!"

Her fingers got snapped in front of her closed eyes, making her open them, as she looked up dropping her hand from her temple, to find the source of the deep voice.

It was Akash, who had taken a seat opposite to her.

And involuntarily her eyes studied around, to check if he was alone or....

He was alone! She sighed.

"Kuch hua hai?"
"What's wrong?" Akash asked, studying her quiet expressions, as he leaned back on the bench.

"Nahi!"
"Nothing!" She mumbled, answering him, raising her eyes to meet his, shrugging her shoulder lightly.

"Jab ek aurat kahe ke KUCH NAHI hua hai, to samajhlo ke BAHOT KUCH hua hai!"
"When a woman says NOTHING is wrong, that means EVERYTHING is wrong!" Akash jokingly laughed off, while Khushi faintly smiled.

"Rajkumar Arnav kahan hain?"
"Where is Prince Arnav?" He questioned again, testing Khushi's mood, now leaning ahead, putting a hand on the edge of the chair.

For a moment, Khushi was startled, hearing the question.

Didn't Akash know where Prince was?

Or had he returned back?

She couldn't have any information more than Akash, could she?

"Humein nahi pata!"
"I don't know!" Khushi replied flatly without looking up at him.

"Hmm...kuch din pehle unhone hum se... ye aap ke liye banwane ko kaha tha!"
"Hmm...few days ago he had ordered me....to get it ready for you!" Akash said casually, getting up from the chair, when she looked up at him and then at the thing in his hands.