Chapter 81 : Bichhdann (Separation)

'Sikshiyatu' was known as Poisoner's poison for a reason

'Sikshiyatu' was known as Poisoner's poison for a reason. Being colorless, odorless, and tasteless; it was slow-acting and painful. While its wide-ranging symptoms were often suggestive of a host of other illnesses and conditions, giving no doubt to anyone. To add to it, one didn't need to give it through food.

Even a few minutes of inhalation was enough for it, to enter in the body system, flow into blood vessels and show its toxic effect.

"Is tucch Dasi ko kshama karden Maharani, par poochna tha ke aakhir is ka shikar hai kaun?"
(Pardon, if this worthless maid asked too much...but who is going to be its prey?)

Anjali heard her maid when she was keeping the small bottle in her big trunk, her expressions impassive. Being an Empress for such a big dynasty, she had always kept track of such poisons and their antidotes with her.

To the world it seemed a safety valve from her co-wives. After all every Queen wanted to have her position and power, posing danger for her.

But sadly and unfortunately, her husband's wives weren't her biggest enemy. It was her husband himself, who was trying hard to get rid of her.

Since Shyam's death, there was this uncertainty in her life and status, but finally it was time to end it. She would have to embrace widowhood if she wanted to enjoy this power.

"Tumhein kaun lagta hai?"
(Who do you think?) Anjali asked back, with a sharp glare.

"Humein pata hota to ek matra Dasi thodi na hote Maharani!"
(I won't have been a mere maid, if I had known, your majesty!) Gomati replied in humble tone. "Kahin ye Rani Urvashi aur un ke...bachche ke lie to nahi?"
(Is it for Rani Urvashi and her... child?)

Anjali smirked as she took a seat, holding the smoking pipe between her thumb and two fingers, taking a puff of the nicotine, closing her eyes in ecstacy.

It was still in wraps!! Emperor KishoreNanda had kept the news of his soon to be born child, as a top secret.... But Anjali had an eye on this from beginning. Hence she knew that Nanda heir was coming to this world in few months. Chola Kingdom's princess, Queen Urvashi was pregnant.

"Nahin Gomati! Hum itne krur bhi nahi." (No, Gomati! I am not that cruel.) She answered, while blowing out the smoke, "Us bacche ko to is duniya me aana hi hoga...bas us ka astitva ham badal denge.... AnjaliPutra ke roop me! Sautela hai to kya hua, kehlaega to hamara beta hi."
(That baby is destined to be born.... but his existence will be changed by me as AnjaliPutra! Doesn't matter who is the mother! After all he will be called my son.)