Chapter 75 : Yeh Dil Deewana (This Silly Heart)

Taking baby steps with Payal's support, Khushi walked to her bed, slumping down on it, with turmoils storming inside her

Instead of Sheesh Mahal, Payal thought it to be wise to take her to her own home, as her condition was too fragile, and Palace was away from Shantivan, and Khushi might want to talk more about it.

Looking at the Queen with sideways glances, Payal went to grasp a towel from washroom, leaving her sitting on the bed, all quiet, stiff and distressed, fidgeting with her fingers.

Being back to room with a wet towel,, there was an awkward silence in the air, as Payal asked the maid to keep the food trays in front of Khushi, containing the refreshment.

Though not as big as the Chambers in Sheesh Mahal, this room of Princess was cozy, laced with green and yellow curtains and matching furniture, along with a couple of chandeliers and mats.

Some portraits of Payal was there on the wall, while the windows were opening to waist, showing the beautiful scene of setting sun, only if its beauty could be reflected in the people inside.

By the time Payal sat with her, Khushi had curled to herself in sitting position, her knees drawn upto her chest, her head dropped, her palms covering her face, her body shivering lightly, as she sobbed softly.

In these few months of her affair with the Prince, no body had ever thrown her deeds back to her face, and now when Payal did that, she was feeling pathetic of herself.

"Ranisaheb....humein maaf kardijiye! Humein aap par aise chillana nahi chahiye tha. Humein kshama dedijiye aur aise roiye mat."
(Ranisaheb... I am sorry! I shouldn't have shouted on you. Forgive me and please don't cry.)

Payal tried in much softer tone, drawing Khushi's palms off her, as she tilted her head, dabbing the wet towel on her face, wiping out her sweat and tears.

Khushi didn't say a word, instead the fresh tears kept silently sliding off her cheeks, as she continuously bit her bottom lip, running her fingers on her cleanly wiped face, brushing them off her reddened cheeks with the back of her hand.

She was indeed having a hardly hit self-realisation and self-wallowing situation.

"Hum aap ko darana nahi chahte the Ranisaheb. Aise roiye mat na."
(I didn't mean to scare you Queen. Don't cry like this.) Payal told her,  feeling pity, witnessing her like this. 

"Humein....dar lag raha hai Rajkumari. Hum kuch...nahi so...soch pa rahe!"
(I.. am scared Princess. I can't thi...think.. of any.. thing!)

Khushi had a hoarse voice in between her tears, lifting her eyes a little. And this fear was here since last few days, though subconsciously. And there was none with whom she could share it.