Epilogue 2.2 : Yaadein (Memories)

A Day Before The Royal Weddings:
Sheesh Mahal:

Stars lit the sky above this decorated Palace, like snow-flakes in the night, yet appearing still, like an old photograph

Stars lit the sky above this decorated Palace, like snow-flakes in the night, yet appearing still, like an old photograph. And on earth it seems the starry sky itself had come down in form of Sheesh Mahal, which would soon echo with wedding trumpets tomorrow.

Not that it was any silent right now!

The hussle bustle of guests and the never ending preparations were still going on. The rulers from neighbourhood kingdoms were also invited, to witness the grandeur of Raizadas and their newly acclaimed territories! 

But away from all the noise, Arnav was here in one of the lone gardens, as he could feel the wind blowing his hair into a tousled mane as he gazed above, lost in millions of thoughts.

His brown skin was glowing under the light from bonfire, while the little stubble was giving that youthful look to his perfectly carved face. His intense evening eyes were on the constellations, who had witnessed centuries and millennia just the same, and now watching over this tiny moment.

"Kya hua?"
(What happened?) Akash who had just joined him, prompted. He was passing by, and seeing his friend all alone gazing heavenwards, he stopped.

The day had been too long with a series of rituals going on. They were still smelling of turmeric, which was rubbed all through their bodies a few minutes ago, and their hands still had the dried paste of henna.

Arnav broke out of trance with his voice, but didn't bother look at his friend, as Akash moved to the sitting lounge where bonfire was already lit. "Rani Anjali ke bare me soch rahe hain?"
(Thinking about Queen Anjali?)

The question made Arnav take a long sigh.

"Un ke bare me kya sochna, jab wo mere bare me nahi soch rahin?"
(What's there to think about her, when she isn't thinking about me?) After a brief pause, Arnav mumbled joining Akash to sit, enjoying some fruit concoction.

Anjali had grown more obstinate if anything. Being in house arrest had only hurt her ego. The last whole month, her followers had created so much problems for Arnav in getting the throne.

Small rebellions, loots and plunders, ruckus....all these had taken too much of time and resources to be controlled. But it was under control now.

"Samay har ghaav bhar dega. Unhon ne kshama patra to bheja hai na. Ye ek sakaratmak badlaav hai!"
(Time will heal everything. She had sent an apology letter, right! It is a positive change!)