Chapter 13 : Knight in Shining Armor?

Anjali was sitting in the Diwan-e-Khas, listening to the problems of other queens

Anjali was sitting in the Diwan-e-Khas, listening to the problems of other queens. It was that day of the week when she would try to solve their queries... well another of her act to keep her power undisputed.

That's when Queen Jyotika appeared. Jyotika was very arrogant princess...being the daughter of the Gandhar King...and had emphasis on her royal living standard.

"Kya baat hai Rani Jyotika?"
"What is it Rani Jyotika?" Anjali asked her.

"Is baar aapko hamari samasya suljhane me kafi maza aayega!"
"This time you would love to solve my problem Maharani!" She spoke with a smirk.

"Karan jan sakte hain?"
"May I know the reason?"

"Kyunke phohad Rani ne khir se ek halki harkat kardi."
"Because that flimsy queen had done another of her cheap act."

"Rani Khushi!" Anjali asked, "Ab kya kardiya unhone?"
"What did she do now?"

"Wo kisiko Sheesh Mahal le aayi hain!"
"She had brought someone in Sheesh Mahal!"

._._._.

It was not much time since Khushi had returned from Shantivan, with that cute baby goat

But before she could tend to it, a maid had informed her that Maharani had summoned her to the Hall of Private, along with her new guest.

'Did Maharani come to know about this little angel?' She moved towards the hall with her heart beating loudly, holding the kid securely in her arms.

She gulped seeing Anjali, along with Jyotika in the hall. She hadn't thought about all this troop of evil, when she had picked up the poor baby, but now what would she answer and how would she explain it to Empress....was a big question.

"Hey Bhagwan!"
"Oh heavens!" Anjali exclaimed loudly as soon as Khushi came into view, hugging a dirty animal to her heart, cuddling it in her arms.