Chapter 6 : Ek Tha Tiger... (Once upon a Tiger...)

Her fingers clutched the veil, as her heart-beat ran faster

'What if he did something like that night, in front of all people. My image would be tarnished!'

The queen tagged behind the Prince like a helpless rope, while he fetched her with himself taking long strides. Somehow stumbling, clutching her skirt and the clothed bag so that it wouldn't slip off, she tagged behind him.

They could feel the pairs of inquisitive eyes on them as he made her sit in a corner under the clothed shelter similar to that of a gazebo. While she felt a bit relieved to be hidden under the veil, unrecognizable, her dignity intact.

The situation was so ironic...

On one hand there was the Prince who bothered the least about what people were thinking.

On the other hand hand there was the Queen who had never been centre of unwanted attention like this, for all bad and gossiping reasons of course.

She thought it was only in the Palace that she had to bear him, but he had started his whims outside too, kidnapping and torturing her like this.

"Wo ek peatiyogita ke liye, humein Pataliputra jana hain!" (There is that competition, I have to go to Pataliputra!) She spoke feebly as he left her hand, making her sit on the wooden table.

He didn't pay any attention to her. Instead ignoring her, he was going out when she stood up, speaking again.

"Hum ne Maharaja se waada kiya hai ke hum is Pratiyogita me hissa lenge!"
(I have promised Maharaja that I would participate in this Competition!) She was very scared of being alone here....with him after that incident a week ago.

But again she got the silence from him.

She was aware that she couldn't question him and even if she did, he wouldn't answer her instead he would be more irked.

And as expected Prince went ahead, without answering her, while she hesitated as she also decided to follow him, but already blinded by her veil she got stuck in the extended curtain, her foot getting twisted.

"Owwch.." Arnav halted hearing the soft yelp, turning around, he spotted the Queen kneeling on the floor, her handbag lying scattered beside her.

He looked down at her with disapproving looks as he bent down picking up her things, then thrusting it in her hand he pulled her up sharply holding her arms.

With a low whimper she stood up, though not much hurt. Pulling again the veil, he properly restored it at her face.

Khushi looked around, ashamed of her clumsiness. Thanks to the veil, none recognized her but....but her competition...she was going to miss it.