Chapter 9 : Diya aur Baati (The Lamp and The Wick)

Khushi was in daze as she walked back towards her room, with heavy footsteps dragging her feet

Khushi was in daze as she walked back towards her room, with heavy footsteps dragging her feet. It was difficult to believe that Arnav was a killer, a father-slayer. The single thought was enough to scare her to the core.

Reaching her chamber, she quickly banged it shut quickly!! Leaning against the door, her back pressed against it, as every word and scene replayed in her mind.

She knew he was weird, but this much dangerous!! She could remember how he had brought the dagger close to that chauffeur's neck...and then she looked at the same dagger in her hand as she threw it away...

She flinched at the thought of how he had been touching her, kissing her, coming close to her. His every attitude was now frightening her. She was really bothered about Arnav and his insanity!

'How will I survive with him!'

._._._.

Anjali was pacing from one corner to other

Anjali was pacing from one corner to other...the cold face had replaced her vulnerable state.

'Raizada..' She hated this name...this word... but Arnav always did something which got reconnected to it.

"Aapki chinta Rajkumar ka pagalpan theek nahi karsakti...Maharani!"
"Your parade won't cure the madness of Prince...Maharani!" Shyam, who was enjoying the alcohol in his hand mocked making her more enraged...as she decided to deal with him first.

"Aapse kisne keh diya Shyam...ke hum Chhote ka vichar kar rahe hain..?"
"Who told you Shyam...that I am thinking about Chhote..?" Anjali, who had changed into her night clothes moved to Shyam. "Sach bataein to hum ye vichar kar rahe hain ke aap ka bhatta kitna kata jaye...kyunke aaj kal aap ka dimagh kuch zyada hi chal raha hai!"
"To tell you honestly I was wondering how much your allowance should be cut down... because lately your mind is overworking!"

Anjali was ready to take all revenge, since to keep him in check.

"Bhatta ka..kata jaye?"
"Cu...cut the allowance?" Shyam choked on his drink, "Nahi nahi Maharani, hamara kya sahas ke hum apna dimagh istemal karen!"
"No no Maharani, why would I dare to use my mind!" Shyam had got the warning in her tone, "Asal me...hum to ye soch rahe the ke aap ke sautele bhai Aman ki kya pratikriya hogi!" "In fact...I was wondering how would your step-brother Aman would react!"